Notifications
Clear all

Post Accutane Fatigue

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 06/21/2015 9:29 pm

I took a course 5 years ago and since then I've been feeling very tired. I was never a lazy person before accutane; I was always full of life and energy. I have been trying so many things over the recent years to feel energized again but nothing seems to do it. I've practically changed my entire lifestyle: I make fresh vegetable fruit juices and smoothies almost everyday, I've cut out junk food almost completely, I force myself to go to the gym and lift even though I have very little stamina for it, I always try to stay positive and motivate myself and do the healthy thing.

I've been experiencing other bad side effects from accutane like extreme hair loss ( I'm almost fucking bald now!), mental fog and confusion, depression, dry eyes. But I want this thread to be focused on fatigue because honestly it's the worst one by far! I can deal with losing my hair but I think I get depressed because I have little energy to accomplish what I really want to accomplish in life. I used to have such clear vision, I used to have tremendous motivation to get things done, I used to be so confident and happy.

But the fatigue and soreness in my entire body is too overwhelming. I know others have experienced fatigue after taking accutane. Please share your experience with accutane and tiredness. Thanks alot in advance for your feedback. Let's help each other. and please keep it positive and informative here. Thankyou!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 06/22/2015 6:41 am

Sorry to hear!

Im new to this as Im only 1 mnth post tane

I had extreme fatigue on tane since the beginning (no body aches) and was hoping and assuming it would go away after i stopped the meds

as of now that doesnt seem to be the case :(

im still hoping it improves over time..not sure what me next plan of action will be

Have you had thorough b/w to make sure your iron is in check as well as thyroid and no vitamin def.?

Have you considered alternative therapies like acupuncture etc>>

sorry cant be more helpful, just some thoughts

GL

Kim

MemberMember
(@lll3)

Posted : 06/30/2015 9:12 pm

so I have been reading about Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome and it sounds like I have it. So I got a few supplements including b-12, magnesium, a probiotic, ashwaganda capsules, and tulsi holy basil tea.

big difference! I definitely have more energy and feel much better :)

Ashwaganda and tulsi are adaptogenic herbs that help regulate blood sugar, balance energy levels, relieve stress, and many other benefits.

B-12 is important for energy creation in the body. It also helps with metabolism. It's found in dairy products and some red meat.

Magnesium eases muscle cramps and tension, relaxes the mind and body in gengeral, and also aids with energy levels, as well as digestion.

The Probiotic helps with digestion. I may have a leaky gut so I think this is helping me digest more effectively.

That's it for now! I strongly recommend anyone who may be suffering from Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome (a very large percentage of Americans do to some degree) or if you feel tired all the time...that you try these, or at least some of these, supplements.

Thanks for reading my update. Please leave feedback...