Notifications
Clear all

Acid Peel At Home Help

MemberMember
(@adam619313)

Posted : 06/19/2015 9:32 am

I am planning on doing a glycolic acid peel at home hopefully today if I can get the answer to my question, I am doing it for the red marks/scars I have left from my cystic acne and to clear up the pimples I have atm I have waited for all open skin to heal and my face is now ready for the acid but the one thing I'm still unsure about is wether or not I can put it on my eyebrows I have a lot of red marks under and around my eyebrows so I want to put the acid on them but I'm worried it may effect my eyebrows like discolour them or make them fall out or something I haven't been able to find much info on this at all I would ideally like feedback from those who have attempted to put acid on their own brows or know someone who has done it.

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 06/19/2015 9:37 am

Don't put the acid on your eyebrows, that's a really bad idea. If you are trying to do a peeling at home, please take precaution and follow the instructions carefully. If you leave this stuff on even for a minute more than supposed to, it can totally burn your skin.

I would advise you not to do it, since that stuff had broke me out so bad. On the other hand, each person will respond differently to a treatment. So I don't want to discourage you, maybe it will help your hyperpigmentation.

For me, personally, I think that microdermabraison treatments were awesome for my marks and redness left from old acne break outs. It smoothed out my face quite nicely and even made the marks fade.

It will take at least 10 treatments to see a difference. Be patient for results !!!

MemberMember
(@orangez)

Posted : 06/19/2015 5:24 pm

I haven't tried this, but some food for thought: Men have facial hair and it doesn't seem to be affect color/falling out due to peels.

But, yea...who knows.

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 06/19/2015 9:33 pm

Don't do it, peels will not doing anything for red marks. Peels are meant for hyperpigmentation. Red marks are post inflammatory erythema, dilated capillaries deep underneath the skin, and they can't be peeled away. On top of this its really inadvisable to do a peel over active acne.