Notifications
Clear all

(Pics) Popped A Pimple, Now Red Spot / Bump

MemberMember
(@swex781)

Posted : 06/15/2015 2:36 pm

hey guys, been reading through for a while but just created my account today :)

i got a pimple around 2-3 weeks ago, i believe it wasnt ready to be popped but i did it anyways (yea, shame on me)

after i popped it, its like overnight i got this red, bumpy spot on my left cheek:

post-474051-0-65364900-1434396847.jpg (sorry for the quality, its highly cropped)

its been there for atleast 1 week and if i look at it from the side it looks like a slight bump... what is it? does it fade?

im 18 years of age, light skinned, had acne when i was younger so i have some scarring/pih, but that doesnt bother me :)

thanks for taking the time to reply!

MemberMember
(@azarsega)

Posted : 06/15/2015 4:04 pm

sounds like you still have some sebum build up in there if its still bumpy. That tends to happen when you pop a pimple that has not fully yet formed and gets popped to early (I have popped my fair share...when you are not suppose to)...what I normally do in those cases is A. wait it out or B. put a dab of desitin (its a baby rash cream)....but it has a zinc oxide and it helps deflate those suckers (well for me it does).

All in all, I hate to be repetitive but...try not to pop them zits :(

I know hard thing to ask when its like right there and stuff.

I have been there and done that :( no fun

SWEx781 liked
MemberMember
(@swex781)

Posted : 06/16/2015 8:09 am

Alright thanks, I hope the redness fades fast, hate this :(

MemberMember
(@swex781)

Posted : 06/19/2015 11:35 am

bump (literally)

it seems it has more flatten out now, yet its that pretty dark red spot..

to me it looks somewhat like either an open scab/wound or crusted blood

will it fade and how much time will it take to? anything i can do to make it heal better?

MemberMember
(@azarsega)

Posted : 06/19/2015 9:11 pm

if it lowered and its scabby keep that puppy moisturized like a mother effer

What I used to do was add some Neosporin on a freshly popped pimple (I know, bad on me for popping it D: ) and let it set overnight. Re-apply throughout the day to keep it moist. The scab wont form a hard top layer, more like a soft layer that will eventually fall off in a shower or be wiped off when you wash your face within 2-3 days.

however since you have a flattened out one with a scab...keep it moisturized with Neosporin (or a good moisturizer) until it falls off on its own

Another thing you could do is put a warm wash cloth on that puppy and it will loosen the scab (put lotion on it after you do this as well)

as for fading...it depends really...it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months--if you lotion up that spot with a fading cream or let it be on its own (but there is a possibility that it can take more than 3 months...)

I know this is a weird thing for me to say but...if you are not allergic to zinc oxide put a dollop on that pimple to lessen the swelling (I use boudreaux's butt paste...its a diaper rash cream... which sounds weird when i say to put a diaper rash cream on your face...but it really works on those huge under the skin ones from completely forming to mt. olympus). you can also just put on some bio-oil and massage it to fade the mark...but again it will not be overnight...it will fade gradually.

hope my comment helps somewhat

-G

SWEx781 liked
MemberMember
(@swex781)

Posted : 06/20/2015 6:09 am

thanks a lot for your comment man!:) some useful information in there

gonna try some warm cloth, not sure on putting something else on it.. since ive always made the experience that my skin heals the best by just leaving it on its own, its just really really sensitive