Notifications
Clear all

Just Started Caveman Regimen - Super Worried

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 06/06/2015 10:33 pm

Hello. I started the caveman regimen two days ago. My forehead, nose, and chin are extremely oily so I've basically had just a layer of oil on my face. Today I was outside doing lawn work all day so I was sweating and getting dirt on my face, so that sat on my face for awhile. Then I went for a run and sweated a ton more and when i got home I took a shower and gently rinsed my face. An hour later I looked in the mirror and I have small pimples everywhere and some itchy weird rashes! I don't know if I should stop or keep at the regimen? Any advice please?

The reason I wanted to do this is because I had pretty nice skin a year ago when I first started breaking out, and was actually able to get rid of most of it with a healthy diet and lifestyle and barely used anything on my face. Then I started using a whole mess of products including BHAs and what not to get rid of my blackheads (biggest mistake of my life). I think they've really ruined my face, plus I started getting bad acne again. I feel so ugly and depressed. Anyways I still eat healthy and have a healthy lifestyle and I actually started seeing a holistic doctor for it. But absolutely no improvement. SO not really sure what's wrong with me...wanting to give up seriously.

Thanks in advance for the advice/help.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 06/07/2015 4:01 am

Find a derm that will give you low dose accutane and then try this. Also try home made kefir.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/07/2015 5:25 am

Give it at least 30-90 days. Every regimen is going to have some worsening which can be uber frustrating. I think caveman works if irritation from products is the driving force for your acne. If not, then it won't do much to clear it up. In any event, plough through so that at least you can cross it off your list.