Notifications
Clear all

Does Switching Brand Of Accutane Matter?

MemberMember
(@conorcoughlanmu)

Posted : 06/04/2015 3:20 pm

Hi there. I'm currently taking 40mg of accutane everyday and have been doing so for the past 3 months (nearly 4).

I have a job that requires me to travel a lot for long periods of timewhich really messes with my accutane treatment sometimes. This month I have to travel to the UK for 3 months of maybe more. My current dermatologist wasn't willing to prescribe the accutane for that long, so it looks like I'm going to have to see a doctor in the UK and continue my treatment with them while I'm there.

I'm currently taking Clarus brand accutane. Does it matter if you switch brands as I'm not sure Clarus is available in the UK? Will it me with me? Hope you guys can help. Thanks.

:)

MemberMember
(@tonyy)

Posted : 06/04/2015 6:08 pm

When I went to my dermatologist earlier this month I asked her about the different brands of accutane and she told me it doesn't matter because they all contain the only ingredient that actually matters (which is Isotretinoin). In fact, she even told me that if she were to prescribe accutane and I were to pick it up at the pharmacy I could receive a different brand every time unless she were to specify a specific brand of the accutane.

MemberMember
(@tonybarich)

Posted : 06/04/2015 6:28 pm

wont matter

MemberMember
(@conorcoughlanmu)

Posted : 06/04/2015 11:23 pm

wont matter

thanks!

When I went to my dermatologist earlier this month I asked her about the different brands of accutane and she told me it doesn't matter because they all contain the only ingredient that actually matters (which is Isotretinoin). In fact, she even told me that if she were to prescribe accutane and I were to pick it up at the pharmacy I could receive a different brand every time unless she were to specify a specific brand of the accutane.

really? that's great news.. thank you!!