Help.

MemberMember
(@morfix)

Posted : 05/27/2015 7:03 pm

I just got done with a derm. visit and he prescribed me THE SAME STUFF WHEN IT CLEARLY DOESNT WORK. Ive been on this "treatment" for 2 months now and have NOT seen even the littlest improvement. My face has actually gotten soo much worse than before and it isn't even getting better. My treatment consists of 200mg minocycline daily and tazorac at night with BP in the mornings (not gonna use atm since irritates the f*** out of my face). I don't know what to do anymore. I might even stop going to the derm. if it doesnt improve in a month because its just gonna keep getting worse and worse and I can't afford accutane. I know I should be patient but cmon, something should've improved in 2 months but nope. My face used to have only a couple of pimples on the cheeks. Now it looks like I have a disease or something, with red cheeks and pimples everywhere on my face. Sorry for the rant but i am just pissed out of my mind right now.

MemberMember
(@placeholder)

Posted : 05/27/2015 8:13 pm

Several things you can try -

Stop washing your face so it can rebuild itself (look up the caveman regimen, look up before and after pics too)

Visit a doctor to determine the root cause(s)

Have an allergy test done

Become a nihilist (not really)

Also, never try accutane. It's been reported to cause cancer and hair loss amongst numerous other issues.

MemberMember
(@hide123)

Posted : 05/27/2015 8:15 pm

If you feel it is irritating your skin then stop. Maybe try a more gentle cleanser?

I don't have anything against derms, but often times they don't take the time to really get to know you and your skin, they simply prescribe stuff. In my opinion you have to take what the derm says and use some of your common sense. You know yourself better, so if you feel something isn't working, then stop.