Lots Of Tiny Whiteh...

Notifications
Clear all

Lots Of Tiny Whiteheads Appearing Quickly?

MemberMember
(@db1980)

Posted : 05/18/2015 12:45 am

I am female, aged 34. About two years ago, I developed a tiny rashes of white heads,(very tiny pimples) the rashes are always on my face (mostly like 15-20 at any given time), they don't itch and do go away after a few days, but another couple or 15 always show up. They seem to appear really fast and I have not found any connection to what is causing them. I've heard breakouts in the chin/cheek area are sometimes attributed to hormones, however, they are always there regardless of my time of the month.

I've seen a dermatologist and they gave me Minocycline and Retina. After 3 months of using Minocycline/retina cream .1%, I'm still having this same consistent breakout. My derm, then had me try Ortho tri cycline lo and Differin cream .1% for 3 months, but still there was no change. Last week, I went to see an Allergist for skin tests to find out if I had any food allergies, however I appear to not have any identifiable allergies. I rarely wear makeup. I've switched up my face wash and lotion to see if that would the problem. I'm currently using Eminence clear skin face wash with Neutrogena sensitive lotion. I've even tried using distilled water for a couple months to wash my face thinking it might be from something in my tap water.

Has anyone else had a similar breakout and can give me suggestions on how to make it go away? Or can anyone identify by my pictures, what kind of breakout or rash I'm dealing with?

post-469252-0-09542500-1431927066_thumb.

post-469252-0-67892800-1431927099_thumb.

MemberMember
(@danieg444)

Posted : 08/25/2015 7:16 am

ah I have the same thing! Mine started showing up after I got off my meds (bactrim) I get them every where though, cheeks, nose, forehead and they are barely noticable (i think) but arent stopping. I thought it was a reaction to exfoliating or just the clindamycin topical I was using. However even when I wash with just water they still come up. I'm sorry Im really not sure what they are but Im going to ask my derm today if they may be from a fungus type of folliculitis.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 09/15/2015 7:53 am

Could be peri oral dermatitis

MemberMember
(@db1980)

Posted : 10/03/2015 7:28 pm

Update: the tiny whiteheads haven't cleared up yet. I gave up on all diets, random home remedies, various prescription topicals, expensive face washes and lotions. The only thing that I noticed would slightly lessen this acne, was when I steered clear of sugar all together. However, that created a very unhappy person, so I'm back on sugar. I just started Accutane. I've taken Accutane in highschool and in college and it cleared up my skin for about 5 years, each time. During those times, I was dealing with cystic stuff, but I'm told it will work on all types of acne.

If you know of anything that has helped you with peri oral dermatitis or fungus type of folliculitis, please share.