My Skin Does Not Lo...

Notifications
Clear all

My Skin Does Not Look Healthy And I Have Acne!

MemberMember
(@spongebobrocks)

Posted : 05/19/2015 3:27 pm

Hello, this is the first time I've ever posted anything on here, but I've looked through this site for years trying to find the answer to my acne and other skin issues, and I finally decided to ask for anyone and everyone's advice on what is wrong with my skin. I have never seen someone with the same skin problems as myself and I feel like it will never change. I don't have severe acne, but it IS ALWAYS THERE. I had perfect skin through out my teenage years, and then when I hit 20 it all went downhill. My acne consists of whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, and weird little plugs I find and probably shouldn't pull out (but I do). My other skin issue is keritosis Pilaris (or chicken skin). It makes your arms look like they have acne, mine are particularly gross looking. Looking at the skin on my face and arms, I do not resemble someone whom is in good health, but my chest and back look perfectly normal, and just don't know what the problem is. I rarely use anything on my arms because this often causes more irritation, yet they look different than the rest of my skin. This is a mystery that I am determined to solve and I absolutely can't stand it anymore. Does anyone else have this and acne??

I have tried every acne face wash in the book, and I've come to the conclusion that my skin is WAY too sensitive for that stuff, especially benzoyle peroxide. I have occasionally used products with salycilic acid (sp?) and they have only caused more irritation.

I eat mostly healthy, lots of veggies, and don't go crazy over dairy or starches and grains, but I do drink on the weekends which know might be part of the problem.

Should I just stick it out and go full on caveman(woman)? Because I am tired of giving a damn!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance! :)

P.S. I am a female and have never used birth control.

MemberMember
(@jessicasi)

Posted : 05/22/2015 8:27 am

I have a bad history of trying different types of creams and pills to get rid of acne but I have not tried this product so I can't really say if it will work or not.

What worked for me was a natural way of treating acne, meaning a drastic diet change (no more fast-foods, no more oily foods, more fruits and vegetables), a stress-less life (this was the hardest!) and I joined a gym.

Following up this plan has lead to a great improvement and eventually to getting rid of acne (it does not happen overnight).

Mod Edit

MemberMember
(@spongebobrocks)

Posted : 05/27/2015 3:11 pm

I have a bad history of trying different types of creams and pills to get rid of acne but I have not tried this product so I can't really say if it will work or not.

What worked for me was a natural way of treating acne, meaning a drastic diet change (no more fast-foods, no more oily foods, more fruits and vegetables), a stress-less life (this was the hardest!) and I joined a gym.

Following up this plan has lead to a great improvement and eventually to getting rid of acne (it does not happen overnight).

Mod Edit

I also have a bad history of trying out millions of different things. Usually I give up when at the first sign of a breakout, this is probably part of my problem... lol, but I am starting to work out more and working on the stress will be a biggie for me too, any suggestions on how to do that?

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 06/21/2015 7:45 am

Since I was introduced to Yaz birth control I can no longer live my life without it.

My skin is close to flawless when it comes to break outs. I'm still struggling with hyperpigmentation and enlarged pores, but I am working on it ! Using pure Aloe Vera gel is really making my skin glow.

The struggle is no joke, I know! Have you thought about seeing a nutritionnist?

Simply to guide you with a new diet plan.

Do you have any food intolerance?

You need to find out what is going on internally! It's the key to success!