Notifications
Clear all

Normal Hormones Level, Will Birth Control Help?

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 05/11/2015 1:02 pm

Hello everyone. I have a problem with my acne and I seriously dont know what to do.

I suffer from hormonal acne cuz its always gets worse during/ before ovulation and period. It also can get worse when Im super stressed or if I eat something bad ( dairy, sugar...).

I did a hormonal test and everything came back normal, the doctor said I'm propably sensitive to the androgens. So I was wondering if a birth control could help me? I'm hesitating with yasmin and Belara. I took diane 35 years ago but I stopped to use it because I was scared of the long-term side effects. But now I'm so depressed of my acne.

Do you guys think a birth control could help me?

I tried everything:

diets,

natural supplement,

acne.org regimen,

accutane,

chinese medecine,

differin and etc...

All of them didnt help except acne.org regimen( but to irritating), diane 35, accutane that I had to stop it cuz it give me to much sides effects that I 'm still battling with it today. It destroyed my life!! :(

Any help or answer would be welcome :)

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/11/2015 1:38 pm

I would ask your derm for spironolactone. That will probably be the only thing that helps you. I wouldn't bother with birth control pills at all. You will be safer on spiro than bcp anyway and it will probably work better for you.

Porswis liked
MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 05/11/2015 2:44 pm

Yes I asked for spironolactone but here in switzerland they dont prescribe it for acne :( So I tought that maybe yasmin could help it since it has a similar ingredient from aldactone.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/11/2015 3:10 pm

oh well that sucks! sorry to hear that. yeah yasmin could help but it only has 25mg of spiro in it so I don't think its enough to do that much. Also yaz/yasmin is more dangerous than other birth control pills they have so many lawsuits against them its crazy. if you google it you will see all the info out there.

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/articles/yasmin-side-effects-yaz-blood/interview-yasmin-birth-control-lawsuit-34-20581.html#.VVENqbHD9i4

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 05/11/2015 5:58 pm

Yes it sucks :( Thanks for theunderstanding.

I heard of it yes thats why I'm hesitating with the belara pil.

I am at one point were my acne has made my life so miserable that I'm really desesperate. I know birth control are dangerous but my mental health has gone very low because of my skin.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/12/2015 9:46 am

yeah I can feel your pain its hard to figure out what to do but go with your gut feeling. i was on the pill for years and thank goodness the only thing i got from yasmin was a phlebitis in my arm but it really scared me. i;ve been on spironolactone for about 2 1/2 years now and its been the only thing to clear me 100%. have you tried asking your gynecologist or an endocrinologist for the spiro? my endocrinologist was the first one that prescribed it to me but at the time i didn't want to go on it and then a few years later my derm recommended it to me again.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 05/12/2015 9:53 am

I am at one point were my acne has made my life so miserable that I'm really desesperate. I know birth control are dangerous but my mental health has gone very low because of my skin.

Yasmin/Yaz does work for a lot of women. It only has 25mg ish of spironolactone but the rest of the pill can balance your hormones out.

My attitude with birth control risks is that it's not about the specific pill, it's about your genes. Women who get blood clots from birth control tend to have hereditary problems which makes them prone to blood clots no matter what birth control they use. There is nothing specific about Yasmin that causes more risks”adding progesterone and estrogen synthetically from a pill is the risk.

That's why they ask you if you have any family history before they will prescribe a BC pill. There is no way to predict if you have problems besides family history. They don't know why some women can use BC for years and some use it for six months and have problems.

Yasmin/Yaz does have a lot of lawsuits, but it's also the most prescribed birth control worldwide. When you have thousands of people using the same pill, the chances that some people will react negatively goes up because the user population is bigger.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/12/2015 9:59 am

Yasmin/Yaz does work for a lot of women. It only has 25mg ish of spironolactone but the rest of the pill can balance your hormones out.

My attitude with birth control risks is that it's not about the specific pill, it's about your genes. Women who get blood clots from birth control tend to have hereditary problems which makes them prone to blood clots no matter what birth control they use. There is nothing specific about Yasmin that causes more risks”adding progesterone and estrogen synthetically from a pill is the risk.

That's why they ask you if you have any family history before they will prescribe a BC pill. There is no way to predict if you have problems besides family history. They don't know why some women can use BC for years and some use it for six months and have problems.

Yasmin/Yaz does have a lot of lawsuits, but it's also the most prescribed birth control worldwide. When you have thousands of people using the same pill, the chances that some people will react negatively goes up because the user population is bigger.

i do think its about the specific pill i was on ortho for 11 years no problems then went on yasmin and bam 2 weeks later i got a phlebitis in my arm. i was pulled off yasmin right away and was told never to go take hormonal birth control ever again. there is no history of this in my family. i was 30 at the time and didn't smoke and was super healthy so i do believe it was this specific type of pill that caused this issue for me. i hate bcp so much. i believe had i never gone on them i never would have developed hormonal acne. i never had issues in my life until i went on bcp. thank god for spironolactone!

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 05/12/2015 1:09 pm

yeah I can feel your pain its hard to figure out what to do but go with your gut feeling. i was on the pill for years and thank goodness the only thing i got from yasmin was a phlebitis in my arm but it really scared me. i;ve been on spironolactone for about 2 1/2 years now and its been the only thing to clear me 100%. have you tried asking your gynecologist or an endocrinologist for the spiro? my endocrinologist was the first one that prescribed it to me but at the time i didn't want to go on it and then a few years later my derm recommended it to me again.

That sound scary, I'm kinda affraid now to try yasmin.

Yeah I asked to quite a few different doctors but they dont want to prescribed it to me without a birth control. In Europe aldactone is not famous. They dont like to give it for acne.

Thanks for the info Green Gables. I did took diane 35 a few years ago. I didnt have any side effect but I only took it for a year and half. I hope I can tolerate yasmin without serious side effects. Its my last hope.

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 05/13/2015 12:40 pm

Hey guys I need help. I dont feel safe to take the birth control anymore because I suffer from chronic hives and I heard that birth control can raise histamin levels so thats a huge no for me.

Doctors still dont want to prescribe spiro so I was thinkng of buying it online. What you think? Is it safe to buy on internet?