Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Sunscreen

MemberMember
(@reneesnap)

Posted : 05/08/2015 11:46 am

So I just started 40mg of accutane yesterday and I know this is irrelevant, but I have never burned in the sun, ever. I just tan- like brown tan. I honestly end up looking like another ethnicity because I turn so brown so I've always been very good with sunscreen so I know that being outside won't be a problem for me because I'm used to reapplying and all that.

But Im just curious as to wearing sunscreen at home.

My desk is right next to a window and I was wondering if I need to wear sunscreen inside and because my window faces north, my room is never in direct sunlight, but I still get sun in my room (obviously) so I was just wondering if I sit by my window, will I need to apply sunscreen? Because I don't want to have to put on sunscreen if I don't have to at home bc that's kind of a waste of sunscreen imo and I'm lazy.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/08/2015 1:14 pm

Yeap! Just get in the habit of putting it on every morning. You would be surprised how sensitive to the sun accutane makes you. I don't usually burn easily either, but while I was on accutane I went out without sunscreen ONCE ona sunny day and I got a sunburn walking from my car to my office building.