Ever Thought You Ha...

Notifications
Clear all

Ever Thought You Had A Cyst? Well, It Could Be Something Else..

MemberMember
(@kosi)

Posted : 05/07/2015 4:54 pm

Hey guys. I signed up specifically to share this with you as I spent hours researching what was actually on my face. I had a cantankerous sore that started off as a fairly small pimple that I thought had popped on the inside. I left it alone for a while but could still feel a tiny bump underneath my skin, so stupidly I squeezed at it too early and it turned into a quarter sized sore I naturally thought was a cyst.

Except this massive red lump was not behaving as a cyst. I tortured it with BP and sea salt. I noticed the inside if the 'cyst' would go white and of course I thought well, that's a lot of pus! And kept squeezing to try and get it out because it seemed so ripe.

No luck, of course.

So over the next few days I continued to apply sea salt, lemon + baking soda, BP, salycilic acid, and even one of those corn remover pads and finally a couple of warm compresses. Every time I would apply and remove something, I thought, fantastic, it seems to be draining!

But it would keep coming back the same as before.

Eventually I came across the term 'blanched skin' and realized

Crap

That's exactly what mine looks like. The white stuff I had thought was pus, was actually an area that was so under pressure, the blood had stopped traveling to the wound ! I have attached a photo of someone's foot with this phenomenon occurring. Yes, it's an insect bite, but this is what the wound looked like when wet.. So I kept searching, with the keywords "blanched wound" and eventually came across an ailment called "bed sores" or "pressure ulcers"

Yes

The stuff old people get when they lie in one place for too long.

It comes in four stages, if you are curious, research it.

It comes in four stages and I have been lucky enough to get sick of squeezing past stage 2,

I have attached a picture of what I got on my face assuming it was a cyst I had mistreated badly. This is what the wound would look like fresh after the blanching subsided and eventually go crustier and a deeper red..

DISCLAIMER:

I am not a doctor, or a health care practitioner in any way. But I do believe I have identified what the gaping hole in my face actually is, and I hope this information still helps. It may be wrong, and if anyone has any more jnfo or can refute this that would be greatly appreciated because these types of skin sores seem very difficult to treat and there is not much information online aside from a website I stumbled across that did suggest a salt water cleanse as it is important to dislodge dead cells from the wound for optimal healing.

post-467524-0-53362800-1431035590.jpg

post-467524-0-85517600-1431035599.jpg

FitLard liked