Notifications
Clear all

Ultra Low Dose Accutane For Oily Skin, Not Acne

MemberMember
(@positivelypositive)

Posted : 05/01/2015 3:39 pm

Hey all. It's been a while since I have posted here, and I ended up forgetting my username and password so I had to make a new one. :(

Anyway, like I said, I'm planning on taking low dose accutane for oily skin, starting in July. I have read how effective it can be, the studies done, and some users here have done it. I remember reading a Korean guy (sorry forgot your name bro, don't even know if you frequent here anymore) doing this and he had great results, but then switched to a topical, never really explained why, and stopped updating his log on this forum.

My only concern is, has anyone else successfully used accutane to get rid of oily skin? What was the experience like? Dosage, still taking it, initial break out, cost?

Much appreciated. I hope someone can reply, rather than just ignore this. :)

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 05/01/2015 9:16 pm

It will work when you're on it, but when you're done the oil will likely come back eventually.

MemberMember
(@positivelypositive)

Posted : 05/02/2015 12:52 pm

That's what I assume. Taking it for life (or probably 10 years, which is kinda the same thing lol) is probably a bad idea, even with a micro dose such as this?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 05/03/2015 9:36 pm

That's what I assume. Taking it for life (or probably 10 years, which is kinda the same thing lol) is probably a bad idea, even with a micro dose such as this?

I'm actually not sure whether this is ok or not. I've read some people have no issues with it while others do. I think it depends on the individual and what they can tolerate.

MemberMember
(@accutanenomz)

Posted : 08/25/2015 8:25 am

I'm actually not sure whether this is ok or not. I've read some people have no issues with it while others do. I think it depends on the individual and what they can tolerate.

I just started on 20mg/week after going on a full course of Accutane. How's your progress on the microdose?