Notifications
Clear all

How Has It Got This Bad In A Few Months? (Photos)

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 04/07/2015 6:43 am

I was looking through photos of my skin and I can't believe how bad it has gotten. The first photo is from August last year when I joined the site and at that time I thought my acne was awful and looking back now I would give anything to have my skin back like this.

The next two photos were taken last month and since then it has got even worse and let me just say the photos here are quite flattering it looks even worse in real life. So frustrating as I'm not even moving forwards.

The only things that I can think of that I have changed / removed from August last year is.

. Just got back from holiday so spent a lot of time in the sun and sea but rarely took my shirt off because of my skin.

. Was using sunbed's a lot around this time but stopped this now as I was trying to sort my PIH out.

. Was a few months in on an antibiotic course but they seemed to have lost there effect (I never came of them but lowered my dose I have upped it again a few days ago)

. Was taking 3 or 4 vitamin tablets a day (Started doing this again now)

. Used to have regular sea salt and tea tree baths (Stopped this as the warm water was opening my pores and not letting my current acne heal)

. Wasn't on any special diet at the time (Been on a gluten free diet for a while now but gave up a few weeks back as I had been on it for months and it didn't seem to have done anything. I thought it was working wonders at the time but now I look back that couldn't have been the case?)

Any of these could have made my acne worse?

Im really tempted just to do exactly what I was doing back in August but I can't remember products I was using and stuff like that.

Surely salt baths and sunbeds could dry my skin out and sort it out? (If this was what helped the first time) I know it will worsen my PIH but that can be dealt with after. I am seeing my dorm next week to see if he can get me something stronger.

Any help?

Thanks

post-415415-0-26522500-1428406955.jpg

post-415415-0-25257800-1428406970.jpg

post-415415-0-47245800-1428407019.jpg

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 04/07/2015 9:10 am

Just a simple thought, have you ever tried using head and shoulders with zinc? I've heard that it works wonders for people with neck and back acne. I have facial acne, not back or neck so I don't have a lot of details but it would be a cheap and easy product to try out if you haven't already!

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 04/07/2015 1:05 pm

Just a simple thought, have you ever tried using head and shoulders with zinc? I've heard that it works wonders for people with neck and back acne. I have facial acne, not back or neck so I don't have a lot of details but it would be a cheap and easy product to try out if you haven't already!

Hello. Thanks for the quick response. Yer head and shoulders is something I tried and it did make improvements when I first started using it but now its not doing anything. Im still using it now but to no effect unfortunately