Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apex

What Finally Worked For Me After 3 Years Here

Hi guys,

I do not post much at all, but have been here for quite some time. I've struggled with acne since I was in high school, now I am about to graduate college and just finally got a grip on my skin and it feels great. After trying a ton of meds from the dermMD with little to no result, (retin-a, tazorac of varied strength), what did it for me is as follows:

• Doryx 200mg 1 pill nightly with a full glass of water
  • Acanya gel pump (half a pump actuation mixed with equal part 'purpose brand' dual treatment moisture lotion mixed together at night and applied over my face pretty liberally
  • I wash my face with 'purpose' face wash (it's yellow) every night and morning, @ night obviously before I apply the acanya mix.
  • In the morning after my face wash I apply more purpose lotion or else my face dries up, not fun at all.

That's it. I don't change my pillow case every night, it's actually been a couple weeks now.

Not sure if you need verification pics or if I broke a rule because I am definitely NOT a regular poster here, just a lurker.

This probably won't help much but I figured someone may have tried the two meds I had tried and was disheartened. Guys, it's possible! You just need to find the right regimen for you.

Edited by Apex