Notifications
Clear all

Is Accutane Actually A Definitive Cure?

MemberMember
(@valeous)

Posted : 04/06/2015 11:29 pm

I have moderate acne. It's definitely nothing near as worse as some people get. There's no scarring. I get the occasional zit and a breakout during times of stress.

Do you think accutane would be a definitive solution to my acne problem? I'm currently on month 2 of my accutane.

Any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 04/07/2015 12:15 am

Definitely. Go for it. It's like photoshop for your skin. All your problems go away.

MemberMember
(@guineagurl)

Posted : 04/07/2015 4:15 am

I would highly advise you to consider other options before deciding on Accutane. I had a very similar case: moderate to high acne for most of my life, though I had pretty constant breakouts, they just varied in their severity. At 22 I took the plunge and tried Accutane. Now, everyone is different, of course, but I ended up clinically depressed, to the point where I couldn't get out of bed for most of the time I was on the medication. And it took a couple of months after I stopped to recover from the mental/emotional effects. It cleared up my acne (though even 2 years later I still get the occasional pimple and breakouts when I'm stressed).

Just be sure to look into all your options before rushing into a "quick fix." My understanding is that it's one of the top ten drugs linked to suicide and depression.