Notifications
Clear all

Teenage Acne (Help Please!)

MemberMember
(@skittleskaitlin)

Posted : 04/04/2015 10:52 am

Hello, I'm not exactly sure how to do these so bear with me, haha. My name is Kaitlin, and I'm 14 years old. I have mild acne, but it drives me insane. I have acne above my eyebrows, on my forehead, by my lips, and on my chin. I have really really bad blackheads on my nose, and chin. I used to have blackheads on my lips but I eventually got rid of those. I also have very bad red spots, and acne scarring. Most of my face is just scarring and not acne. I don't understand why I'm getting all this!? I sleep 8-10 hours every night, and I wash my face twice a day. The only thing I can think of is that my diet is causing this. I eat a lot of junk food and I know thats not a good thing. It's pretty much the only thing we have in our house, and I'm constantly hungry. My mom wants me to stop eating all the junk food but it's hard. I've been talking to my mom about going to a dermatologist. She says she might make an appointment if our insurance covers it. I have one question. How do the dermatologist know what to do? Do they take tests on your face or something?

MemberMember
(@t-philips)

Posted : 04/07/2015 9:28 pm

Stop eating unhealthily and start exercising, if you don't already. Also, when you start using other products, make sure none of them have Cetyl alcohol and sulfates (specifically sodium lauryl sulfate), as both are harmful and can cause acne.

MemberMember
(@skate123skate)

Posted : 04/08/2015 1:30 pm

you HAVE to stop eating all processed food , dairy , and gluten.

CUT down on the sugar , you cant stop eating it cus its in everything but limit it

MemberMember
(@flanowbunny)

Posted : 04/16/2015 8:24 am

I have found that a gluten free diet helps me not break out as much. Also when I stopped dairy (not completely but for the most) that's helps as well. But the main thing is sugar! You have to cut sown on the sugar. Only eat natural sugar from fruits. Don't even drink juice! If you drink coffee leave out the sugar. Tea? Use honey. It will be hard but will pay off in your overall health.

For scaring I found that honey works really really well. Also don't wash your face more then two times a day because it will dry out. Keep us updated!

MemberMember
(@ahanas)

Posted : 04/21/2015 1:46 pm

At your age you will get acne. Its hormonal and it will take time to go away, and is usually not related to diet but you must eat healthy. Incorporate more fruits like oranges, apples and papaya in your diet. You can also try some other topical treatments for acne and scars. For scars you can try using azealic acid cream and combine licorice root extract to your moisturizer and apply that gently. Licorice root extract has helped my scars greatly as it is used to reduce scarring only. You can also try salicylic acid face wash for skin and bentonite/ fuller earth or kaolin clay homemade masks for reducing the existing acne.

You must not be harsh with your skin, do not use harsh chemicals thinking they are working now because they will destroy your skin in long run. Be gentle and use gentle products and stay happy that also helps :)