Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hide123

Acne After Bc

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum, however I have been lurking for a while

To make a long story short: I started having acne as a teen, mostly mild and sometimes moderate, when I was around 15ish I went on Alesse, which did nothing really for my acne. When I was about 19, I switched to Diane-35...which again, did nothing for me. I'm 22 now, and last March (2014), I decided to go off BC. I knew there would be changes and that i would get acne and whatever, its fine. Now fast forward a year later, I still feel that my body has not really balanced itself out. My periods are still 1-3 months apart, and over the past 3 months my acne has been getting slightly worse. I have been mainly getting acne around my cheeks, where i never really had it before (it was always usually around the mouth area, which i still have sometimes). Anyways, I was wondering if you guys had any insight as to what may be causing this spike in the past 3 months and whether it is normal to still feel the effects of going off my BC.

Also...i don't know if this may have caused or perpetuated it, but about a month and half ago I started using carbolic soap as I heard it was good. I'm scared this may be making things worse so I stopped and went back to my normal cleaners a few days ago. I am going to see a derm in May (could not get an appointment before then).

Here is my regime:

Day -

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel Cleanser
L'Occitane Divine Youth Oil Serum (I started using this around August)
Kate Somerville Hydra-Clear Hydrating Acne Gel

Makeup-
Neutrogena CC Cream
Make Up Forever Extreme Concealer

Urban Decay Mate Loose Powder

Night-

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel Cleanser

Yuli Skin Care Cell Perfect PM Serum (for acne scars)

Kate Somerville Hydra-Clear Hydrating Acne Gel

I appreciate any input! :)

Edited by Hide123

I also forgot to mention that about a week ago, I started taking Maca powder capsules, which is apparently goo for acne..