Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer Question?

MemberMember
(@odysseus)

Posted : 03/26/2015 5:24 pm

Hello,

for the past few years, I have had a red face so this is not randomly out of the blue. However, I am on my 3rd month of accutane if that adds any details.

I currently am using cetaphil cleanser and the moisturizer, and have been for a couple years. I believe that the moisturizer is making my face red. The redness is on my face and barely on my forehead, but it has a strange patter. It clearly loops around my eyes, and goes a little up my temples (if that makes sense.) I don't know what would create this exact precision, as my entire face would have to be red from the accutane. It has to be something topical. Is there any other moisturizer that you would recommend that is fragrance free, and does not leave me with a greasy feeling? Also, I like the matte finish of the cetaphil, I just don't know if I'm allergic to it or not.

Anyone else have this problem?

What do you recommend? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/26/2015 5:29 pm

Yup im another red faced accutane use...I tried cetaphil lotion and it made me red

dr suggested try cetaphil oil contro

spf...different ing

im gonna try but concerned

Used darphin hydra riche which didbt make me red but its heavy not really geared towards acne prone skin so when used it and got a breakout i got scared and stopped using it

also hard to get/order on line

other good suggestions might be lrp they have a line for rosacia and cicaplast to heal the dkin barrier

can get lrp at cvs at target etc

Kim

gl..lmk find anything u like

i thought i was nuts saying cetaphil made me red since no activesl

MemberMember
(@odysseus)

Posted : 03/26/2015 5:40 pm

Has anyone tried CeraVe? I'm thinking about using the Cetaphil Wash with a CeraVe moisturizer.. has anyone tried this?

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/26/2015 6:33 pm

I havent

but a friend loves basic cerave lotion (not pm)

check makeupalley.com for reviews

GL

kim

MemberMember
(@odysseus)

Posted : 03/26/2015 6:34 pm

So I just ran out and got the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion... let's see how this goes!