Notifications
Clear all

Differin After Accutane

MemberMember
(@cally123)

Posted : 03/25/2015 8:16 pm

Hello friends.

So on Christmas of 2014 I finished Accutane. I was on 40 mg for six months, and 60 mg for one month. I weigh 110 lbs. I had great results. As time went on, I noticed I started to get more and more clogged pores. I have only gotten one large pimple since being off the medication. The clogged pores really bother me because my skin is just so rough. I would rather have one bad pimple and smooth skin than lots of clogged pores. Anyways, I am currently using:

-Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser(Normal to Oily skin)

-Differin(generic) .1 gel

-Cetaphil SPF 15

I do this twice a day. At night I use makeup remover cloths to remove my makeup.

I have a few questions though:

-Since I was on Accutane, how long do you think until I see results for the Differin?

-I am interested in starting a toner. Should I wait until a certain point with Differin to introduce that?

-Anyone have a makeup remover that they like? I've heard things about Jojoba oil??

MY MAIN QUESTION IS ABOUT MOISTURIZER. I DESPERATELY WANT TO FIND ONE THAT DOES NOT HAVE SPF. I WANT IT TO BE HYDRATING FOR NIGHT TIME, BUT NOT BREAK ME OUT. I HAVE TRIED CERAVE PM AND IT BROKE ME OUT. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

xoxoxo I am just a girl looking for some answers!

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/26/2015 2:50 am

I wonder if IPL laser might be an option? Not at the same time as the differin though.

Before you ask... some info on IPL under 'laser therapy' here .... [Edited link out]

Specifically here I am referring to the dilated pores which are getting clogged.

MemberMember
(@kennedy11)

Posted : 05/07/2015 7:42 pm

My derm recommended cerave pm while I'm on Differin at night and then the cetaphil during the day.