Notifications
Clear all

Diet Stopped, Bone Broth Begun! Good Choice?

MemberMember
(@uareflawless321)

Posted : 03/25/2015 7:17 pm

Hello there!

I went on a plant based diet about 3 months ago mainly for acne reasons but wasn't seeing results after the 3 months, not to mention feeling extremely fatigued morning and night, and having to eat insane amounts of food to not get a stabbing pain in my stomach from hunger. That was especially bad, because it just would not go away no matter how much I ate. Anyhow, after not getting the benefits I wanted from the diet, but rather the opposite, I left.

Now I'm back to eating pretty much everything except for milk, as that seems to upset my stomach, although I'm fine with all other dairy products. I never go over 25 grams of sugar a day,most days not even getting close to that level, and I am generally eating healthily. I've read some stuff about the wondrous miracle that is animal bone broth, and I'm on my third day of drinking it. I feel like it's too early to tell if it is helping my skin, but I'll for sure keep going for at least two weeks, maybe more, considering all the health benefits besides clearing up your skin. Does anyone have any experience with bone broth? Has it helped anyone? Is it a lost cause?

Thank You!!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/25/2015 7:23 pm

I've been drinking bone broth lately, but I don't think it's a cure all on its own. I think to see real improvements you also have to do other things like cute out gut irritating foods, foods that spike blood sugar, eat nutrient dense foods and fermented foods.

MemberMember
(@uareflawless321)

Posted : 03/28/2015 2:36 pm

I've been drinking bone broth lately, but I don't think it's a cure all on its own. I think to see real improvements you also have to do other things like cute out gut irritating foods, foods that spike blood sugar, eat nutrient dense foods and fermented foods.

Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to be as healthy as I can, so I'll just see how it goes. I might try going gluten free for a bit although I'm not experiencing any symptoms of food sensitivity when I eat it. It is a little sketchy though, because gluten and grains were what I kept in my diet while eating plant-based.