Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Question!

MemberMember
(@jakesimon1234)

Posted : 03/23/2015 6:53 pm

So I have not tied very many treatments I've tried bp SA AHA,ziana, doxycycline and none have even budged ANY of my acne . It's very persistent and stubborn but it is only moderate to mild and not cystic. But there are a lot of them though all over my forehead and cheeks and it just looks rough and gross and I'm depressed and cry a lot it sounds shallow but I'm just over it. So is there any possibility of accutane in my future if no other treatments work?

So I have not tied very many treatments I've tried bp SA AHA,ziana, doxycycline and none have even budged ANY of my acne . It's very persistent and stubborn but it is only moderate to mild and not cystic. But there are a lot of them though all over my forehead and cheeks and it just looks rough and gross and I'm depressed and cry a lot it sounds shallow but I'm just over it. So is there any possibility of accurate in my cuter if no other treatments work?

MemberMember
(@jamiii)

Posted : 03/23/2015 7:22 pm

if you have a prescribing doctor that will give you accutane then i recommend it greatly.i had bad hormonal acne, tired everything too and ive been on accutane for 76 days and its already cleared. i also had extractions and chem peels to speed up the process. its so depressing and i totally understand your situation. good luck

Jami

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 03/24/2015 11:32 am

if you have a prescribing doctor that will give you accutane then i recommend it greatly.i had bad hormonal acne, tired everything too and ive been on accutane for 76 days and its already cleared. i also had extractions and chem peels to speed up the process. its so depressing and i totally understand your situation. good luck

Jami

I'm only on day 17 and still breaking out. Ugh

MemberMember
(@jamiii)

Posted : 03/24/2015 5:41 pm

Jami

I'm only on day 17 and still breaking out. Ugh

Yeah that's expected... go get a facial from an esthetician in either a salon, or derm office.. and ask for extractions (picking everything) this will speed up the process greatly!! i was still breaking out but not as bad as before the meds but at least it was pushing out all of the bacteria and in 2 days noticed a difference after the extractions.

Jami

MemberMember
(@hyst3rical)

Posted : 03/25/2015 5:18 am

Hi, I'm 25 Male my dermatologist prescribed me Ciscutan (Isotretinoin)(In Europe it is sold under this name too) 20mg/day, it's been almost a month and I'm not observing any remarkable results, though I had worst breakout and now it's almost over but every single day there are some new pimples. Should I ask my dermatologist to increase my dose? My weight is almost 74 Kg/ 163 lbs.

MemberMember
(@jamiii)

Posted : 03/26/2015 11:44 am

Hi,I definitely would ask for an increase... I'm not a doctor obviously but it's basic math so I'm not sure why a doctor would start you so low.. I would think 50mg would be good maybe 60mg. 20mg will work and you will have less side effects but it's going to take you a long time to reach the thresh hold your body needs to achieve in order to maximize the prescriptions. I am a firm believer in facials with extractions because when I was getting new breakouts the esthetician was able to clear it all out and my skin was able to heal faster without bacteria lingering. My submental lymph nodes were so swollen when I was breaking and I wasn't sick so I know my body was trying to fight the bacteria that was stuck in my pours.

I hope your doctor increases for you!

Good Luck!!!!

Jami

Hi, I'm 25 Male my dermatologist prescribed me Ciscutan (Isotretinoin)(In Europe it is sold under this name too) 20mg/day, it's been almost a month and I'm not observing any remarkable results, though I had worst breakout and now it's almost over but every single day there are some new pimples. Should I ask my dermatologist to increase my dose? My weight is almost 74 Kg/ 163 lbs.