Notifications
Clear all

Upping Dose To 60Mg..

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 03/21/2015 2:34 pm

So I'm on week two as of today of accutane (absorica) my derm told me to take 30mg for 2 weeks and then 60 from then on. I'm still breakout out like a bitch from my initial breakout. Skin is flaking around active acne and nose, What should I expect now that I'm taking 60? Can my face really get any worse :/?

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/21/2015 3:05 pm

Hey

Might just be the same

I was great on 20mg for 2 weeks than bumped to 40mg which is when my IB began and started feeling side effects

I was worried about going to 60mg but at first i didnt notice any at all..stayed the same for a while (dont remember exactly how long)

after i was on 60 for some time i started having mild joint pain and my biggest issue was my eyes (wear contact/dryness)

GOOD LUCK

kim

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 03/21/2015 3:28 pm

Hey

Might just be the same

I was great on 20mg for 2 weeks than bumped to 40mg which is when my IB began and started feeling side effects

I was worried about going to 60mg but at first i didnt notice any at all..stayed the same for a while (dont remember exactly how long)

after i was on 60 for some time i started having mild joint pain and my biggest issue was my eyes (wear contact/dryness)

GOOD LUCK

kim

Thanks Kim! I don't want my initial breakout to get worse. One day it's better and then the next it's a war zone. Total roller coaster.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/21/2015 4:20 pm

Tell me about it

I had 3 distint major breakouts (wont call is initial because it wasnt)

It was about 2 weeks after each dose increase

looking back I wish I just bite the bullet and started on a higher dose and stayed that way through the course

anyway im thinking of lowering my dose now because i have been on 50-60 for a while and am still having 3-4 good days followed by more breakouts

I dont see the point!

kim