Notifications
Clear all

Have Anyone Tried Rifampicin

MemberMember
(@edric13)

Posted : 03/15/2015 2:25 pm

I was given a combination of Rifampicin and tetracycline from my derm. I have no idea if this combination of medicines will be more effective than taking Accutane

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/15/2015 4:57 pm

Wow... rifampicin is a potent antibiotic, usually used for tuberculosis. Tetracyclines are also strong antibiotics. Are you really treating an infection on your skin as serious as Tuberculosis? I wonder if you should seek a second opinion. How bad is your acne, what have you used for it and with what results? How is your general health? Have you used roaccutane without results?

MemberMember
(@edric13)

Posted : 03/16/2015 1:21 am

Yeah I have tried accutane 10mg for 2months without any improvement and my acne recently got worse.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/16/2015 2:10 pm

10 mg a day for 2 months? Of course your acne wouldn't improve....that would be a miracle if it did....why don't you give accutane a decent try of at least 20 mg a day for a few months?

Initial breakout on Accutane happens all the time....hey Accutane was a nightmare for me, but I actually TRIED it, 40 mg a month for 7 months....

but you are on the rifampcin path now, and it may work, I have heard of it being used before, but it is an antibiotic....it will stop working when you stop taking it, and you can't take it forever

sadly one of the only cures is Accutane...yes your acne may come back and you may need another dose, but two times is usually the charm