Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CS99

Got Tca Cross #2 Done Yesterday

I've already written a post about this, but I did a test TCA cross on three scars in May 2013 by a dermatologist's technician in Montreal and, despite the fact that she used 100 percent TCA, my face barely reacted; it stung and frosted over and the whole area was very red for 45 minutes and then it was as though I did nothing at all to my skin. I never scabbed or got any redness. One of my scars improved a little so I decided to come back.

I went in yesterday and the same thing has happened. I treated around 6-10 scars on my left cheek. My skin looks the same today and I did it almost 24 hours ago. I am going to be on the lookout for scabs and I will document my progress, and I am planning to go again in August (I didn't like how I had to worry all summer about making my scars worse by being in the sun, so I am going to spare myself that anxiety by waiting for the end of summer).

My goal is to have around 4-6 procedures done and then move on to another form of scar treatment if necessary

Edited by CS99

I've already written a post about this, but I did a test TCA cross on three scars in May 2013 by a dermatologist's technician in Montreal and, despite the fact that she used 100 percent TCA, my face barely reacted; it stung and frosted over and the whole area was very red for 45 minutes and then it was as though I did nothing at all to my skin. I never scabbed or got any redness. One of my scars improved a little so I decided to come back.

I went in yesterday and the same thing has happened. I treated around 6-10 scars on my left cheek. My skin looks the same today and I did it almost 24 hours ago. I am going to be on the lookout for scabs and I will document my progress, and I am planning to go again in August (I didn't like how I had to worry all summer about making my scars worse by being in the sun, so I am going to spare myself that anxiety by waiting for the end of summer).

My goal is to have around 4-6 procedures done and then move on to another form of scar treatment if necessary

Good luck. How often are you getting it done? And price?

Good luck. How often are you getting it done? And price?

Next one is August, and then hopefully I'll do it at 3 month intervals. I paid 100 dollars CAD.