Notifications
Clear all

Found My Hypertrophic Scarring Natural Cure With Apple Cider Vinegar

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/08/2015 2:48 am

Lets begin with my history

I had two hypertrophic scars on my nose for about 4 years, and i tried everything to get rid of them without sucess (includes co2 laser, steroid injections, cortisone creams, etc..)

All i can say about those scars is that they look like a sebaceous hyperplasia, and completely destroyed my self-esteem for about 4 years, i wish i had photos to show to the skeptical people the results but ill share the regimen anyway in case i can give some light for any desperate member.

i was searching on the internet about scarring i found some article about apple cider vinegar, i was skeptical but for me it was something more to test (my nose has been a lab test for the past 4 years)

i used to apply a cotton ball at morning and before bed time and leave on my nose for about 5 hours for like 7 days or until a scab form and falls off then i put some healing cream like b5 vitamin(dexpanthenol) or cortisone creams and when the area gets healed i repeat the process all over again

I saw a good improvment on my scar in the first week so i decided to keep going to see if i was able to get rid of them

i keep on this regimen religiously for about 2 months just burning my nose with vinegar and today i can look me in the mirror and be happy because i can say my both scars are COMPLETELY GONE.

for those who interest in this shot i trully recommend to search for the internet about apple cider vinegar, the side effects of it on your skin, and search for others sucess histories before you try

good lucky for everyone

never give up

Melloman and JackDoe liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/08/2015 8:17 am

moved topic to scar treatment forum

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/08/2015 5:43 pm

I had a red bump scar on my leg that I burned the crap out of with ACV and then wart remover (sal. acid) It is flat now but still red. Wish I could get rid of the redness :( I've had the scar for like 7-8 years.

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/10/2015 4:59 am

I had a red bump scar on my leg that I burned the crap out of with ACV and then wart remover (sal. acid) It is flat now but still red. Wish I could get rid of the redness I've had the scar for like 7-8 years.

the redness is treatable easier than the scar (alot more) the area that i was applying acv is red too but is improving everyday i look into the mirror

just try some retin A creams or any kind of exfoliation it will help alot

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@chillascanbe)

Posted : 03/10/2015 2:38 pm

i've read about quite a number of successful stories of your method on [Edited link out] but they seem to be talking about some type of growth (like sebaceous hyperplasia) instead of actual hypertrophic scars.

is it hypertrophic scars that you had or is it actually sebaceous hyperplasia?

if it was scars, how did you develop them? i used to have pimples on my nose and they healed to become hypertrophic scars (basically healed back into normal skin except as a bump).

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/10/2015 4:29 pm

On 3/11/2015 at 1:38 AM, chillascanbe said:

i've read about quite a number of successful stories of your method on [Edited link out] but they seem to be talking about some type of growth (like sebaceous hyperplasia) instead of actual hypertrophic scars.

is it hypertrophic scars that you had or is it actually sebaceous hyperplasia?

if it was scars, how did you develop them? i used to have pimples on my nose and they healed to become hypertrophic scars (basically healed back into normal skin except as a bump).

my dermatologist said that bumps on my nose were hypertrophic scars but searching on internet ive found that theyre very similar to an sebaceous hyperplasia

i asked about sebaceous hyperplasia to my derma and she said that it wasnt sebaceous hyperplasia, but i have my doubts about that..

i develop the scars when i used to have cystic acne on my nose and my nose was very oily..

MemberMember
(@chillascanbe)

Posted : 03/12/2015 3:08 am

thanks for taking your time to answer the questions btw.

were there pores on your scar? it's absolutely crazy to think that after all the procedures you've been through, the cure actually lies in ACV. this shit is driving me insane.

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/13/2015 1:43 am

thanks for taking your time to answer the questions btw.

were there pores on your scar? it's absolutely crazy to think that after all the procedures you've been through, the cure actually lies in ACV. this shit is driving me insane.

the bumps were in left and right side of my nose,

i cant say that all the procedures didnt helped, they did but acv just destroyed the scars

i think thats a risky procedure to do "on your own" maybe thats why isnt that popular yet

but for desperate people everything that may helps is something useful...

the wounds still healing after 2 weeks, the red marks are fading hope they wont come back

MemberMember
(@pimplesarefromhell)

Posted : 03/13/2015 1:52 am

Have you ever considered using colloidal silver as treatment? It kills bacteria and viruses. And you can apply it topically.

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/14/2015 2:10 am

Have you ever considered using colloidal silver as treatment? It kills bacteria and viruses. And you can apply it topically.

Never read about colloidal silver.. I was reading about iodo for treating hypertrophic scars and saw alot of videos on youtube it seems to be a nice shot to try on scars too

i just want to expand this topic to debate the non usual remedies, acids, medicines(even the risky ones) that really works on hypertrophic scars or even atrophic scars, those remedies like retin A salycilic acid helps but they dont solve nothing when its about scars..

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 03/16/2015 8:20 am

I have such scars along my jawline :(

Do u dilute the ACV with water or not at all?

I've been using ACV as a toner but I mix it with water.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 08/20/2015 11:59 pm

Thanks for sharing. Tonight I was gonna rub some distilled vinegar on my nose bump scar until all the scar tissue was burnt off, and I'm still planning to. Had I come across this post earlier, I probably would have done it this way instead.

I have such scars along my jawline :(

Do u dilute the ACV with water or not at all?

I've been using ACV as a toner but I mix it with water.

No. No diluting. You may have more success with burning it off by rubbing distilled vinegar on it with a q-tip. Apple Cider Vinegar is better for nose bump scars because they are smaller.

MemberMember
(@australopithecine)

Posted : 03/06/2016 11:17 am

Hey buddy, I need a bit of clarification on the process here... Do you leave the cotton ball with vinegar on the nose or do you use the cottonball to just dab the vinegar on your nose? If you left the cottonball on the nose how did you keep it from falling off & how did you manage it when you had to go to school/college/work ?

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/09/2016 1:48 am

its been a while since i did this thread
the method i was using is simply soaking a small piece of cotton ball in vinegar putting on the area and covering with a small piece of bandaid
i did it for 7 days in each hypertrophic area
and for the record by the time i didnt know how to differ a hypertrophic scar from a sebaceous hyperplasia and im 99% sure now that what i had was a sebaceous hyperplasia and not an hypertrophic scar, it was a raised tissue with the color of my skin
i wasnt studying by the time i did it but i was living normal life, going to the gym, etc with this small piece of bandage on my nose like i had a bruise

MemberMember
(@jay012)

Posted : 05/26/2016 7:07 pm

You are starting to give me hope. I have around 7 raised acne scars on my nose and they look horrible in a specific lighting or the sunlight. I think they might be the same ones that you had. Time for me to buy ACV

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 05/28/2016 6:11 am

i personally dont recommend you to go for ACV
when i did this topic before wasnt aware of better treatments that you can do home
1- glycolic acid peels
2- salycilic acid peels
3- TCA peels (on the raised spots)

these bumps on the nose are sebaceous hyperplasia, in the nose they manifest as somekind of the scarring but without 'scar tissue 'itself its a skin excess, the continuegrowing of sebaceous hyperplasia lead to rynophyma. these bumps on the nose are simply a very small manifestation of rynophyma.
first of all, if you have bumps on nose and you want to treat them, you need to know that u have to keep your nose safe from those bumps keep happening, because as i said this can lead to a rynophyma if continue to happen. Accutane can halt and stop the growth of sebaceous hyperplasia, but wont get rid of the ones that are already there.
They happen because of the continue production of oily in nose and this oil get trapped and blackheads start to occur and the sebum start to get trapped inside the nose forming those sebaceous hyperplasia. If you have rosacea, the inflammation on the nose area can cause inflammed bumps on nose and these inflammed can lead to a excess of tissue growing in the nose in response.

to get rid of these bumps, you just need to BURN IT OFF, so i HIGHLY RECOMMEND a plastic surgeon specialized in rhinophyma to treat this, because isnt complicated to treat, is just hard to find someone that understand how it works. ACV worked because it burned off those extra layers of the skin.

[Edited link out]

look at this vid, see the amount of sebum that came off when she burn off the extra tissue in this oldman nose he has a non severe rhinophyma case, and she is burning off the sebaceous hyperplasia

PS: sorry for the doublepost it bugged in my chrome

On 5/28/2016 at 4:38 PM, Jay012 said:

i personally dont recommend you to go for ACV anymore since i studied how does those bumps work and there is better methods
when i did this topic before wasnt aware of better treatments that you can do home
1- glycolic acid peels
2- salycilic acid peels

these bumps on the nose are sebaceous hyperplasia, in the nose they manifest as somekind of the scarring but without 'scar tissue 'itself its a skin excess, the continuegrowing of sebaceous hyperplasia lead to rynophyma. these bumps on the nose are simply a very small manifestation of rynophyma.
first of all, if you have bumps on nose and you want to treat them, you need to know that u have to keep your nose safe from those bumps keep happening, because as i said this can lead to a rynophyma if continue to happen. Accutane can halt and stop the growth of sebaceous hyperplasia, but wont get rid of the ones that are already there.
They happen because of the continue production of oily in nose and this oil get trapped and blackheads start to occur and the sebum start to get trapped inside the nose forming those sebaceous hyperplasia. If you have rosacea, the inflammation on the nose area can cause inflammed bumps on nose and these inflammed can lead to a excess of tissue growing in the nose in response.

to get rid of these bumps, you just need to BURN IT OFF, so i HIGHLY RECOMMEND a plastic surgeon specialized in rhinophyma to treat this, because isnt complicated to treat, is just hard to find someone that understand how it works. ACV worked because it burned off those extra layers of the skin.

[Edited link out]

look at this vid, see the amount of sebum that came off when she burn off the extra tissue in this oldman nose he has a non severe rhinophyma case, and she is burning off the sebaceous hyperplasia

MemberMember
(@jay012)

Posted : 05/28/2016 11:49 am

8 hours ago, De Rerum Natura said:

Thanks for taking time to reply. The scars that I have are very low circular bumps and they don't grow in size so I'm positive they won't turn into Rynophyma. I received them as a goodbye present from popping cystic pimples from my high school days. Ahh those were the days when I neglected to properly take care of my personal hygeine. I have tried glycolic acid peels as well as salicylic acid peels before for blackheads/sebaecousfilaments but I don't think they have ever reduced my scar sizes. Maybe it has but Ijust never noticed since I never expected them to lol. I used ACV for the first time yesterday and I already noticea very minor improvement. Hopefully my eyes and brain aren't deceiving me.

MemberMember
(@mike4311)

Posted : 07/02/2017 10:39 am

On 5/28/2016 at 5:11 PM, De Rerum Natura said:

i personally dont recommend you to go for ACV
1- glycolic acid peels
2- salycilic acid peels

[Edited link out]

PS: sorry for the doublepost it bugged in my chrome

First of all, I would like to thank you for this thread. It has been extremely helpful. I am coming from this thread: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/369652-bumpsscars-on-nose-inject-apple-cider-vinegar/

I was planning to do it again using ACV. I noticed that you've mentioned peels like gycolic. May I know why? Would peels like gycolic be enough to burn the outer scarred layer of the skin? Have you tested this or know anyone that tested it? My bumps are definitely less visible thanks to coristone shots, however, they are still very noticible. I am looking for what to do next.

MemberMember
(@feverish)

Posted : 07/19/2017 2:21 am

On 02/07/2017 at 6:39 PM, mike4311 said:
First of all, I would like to thank you for this thread. It has been extremely helpful. I am coming from this thread: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/369652-bumpsscars-on-nose-inject-apple-cider-vinegar/

I was planning to do it again using ACV. I noticed that you've mentioned peels like gycolic. May I know why? Would peels like gycolic be enough to burn the outer scarred layer of the skin? Have you tested this or know anyone that tested it? My bumps are definitely less visible thanks to coristone shots, however, they are still very noticible. I am looking for what to do next.

Glycolic acids are definitely risky. They can sometimes burn someone's skin due to their high strength, especially if someone's complexion is tanned or dark. My friend once had a glycolic peel at a plastic surgeon's clinic and her cheeks immediately turned red then black.

I had the same scars as yours on my nose. The procedures I tried to get rid of my nose bumps were several PRP sessions, microneedling (2.5-3.0mm), four CO2 lasers, many types of peels, but nothing has WORKED. Until I read about the ACV method here. But I did it differently. Instead of keeping the damp cotton overnight, I took cotton buds and dabbed them with ACV. Then, you need to continuously press the damp cotton bud against each scar until you see white scabbing. Wait 10-15 mins for it to dry then apply some antibiotic cream in order to heal it. It literally peeled within 2 days. I kept doing this method everyday for 2 weeks. and voila!

Regarding the brand, Bragg's ACV should work, or something very similar. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@mike4311)

Posted : 07/31/2017 12:40 pm

On 7/19/2017 at 0:21 AM, feverish said:
Glycolic acids are definitely risky. They can sometimes burn someone's skin due to their high strength, especially if someone's complexion is tanned or dark. My friend once had a glycolic peel at a plastic surgeon's clinic and her cheeks immediately turned red then black.

I had the same scars as yours on my nose. The procedures I tried to get rid of my nose bumps were several PRP sessions, microneedling (2.5-3.0mm), four CO2 lasers, many types of peels, but nothing has WORKED. Until I read about the ACV method here. But I did it differently. Instead of keeping the damp cotton overnight, I took cotton buds and dabbed them with ACV. Then, you need to continuously press the damp cotton bud against each scar until you see white scabbing. Wait 10-15 mins for it to dry then apply some antibiotic cream in order to heal it. It literally peeled within 2 days. I kept doing this method everyday for 2 weeks. and voila!

Regarding the brand, Bragg's ACV should work, or something very similar. Hope this helps.

Amazing. Perfect! That is exactly what I will do again. Instead of Antibiotic, I may opt in to use Silicone gel instead. or perhaps use Antibiotic, wait until it heals, and then straight to silicone gel.

MemberMember
(@ruubz)

Posted : 12/15/2020 12:28 am

On 7/19/2017 at 3:21 AM, feverish said:

Hey from the future lol .. I know this post is old but I just had one question . How long did you press the acv soaked cotton ball on your nose ? I know you said til it turns white but , I'm dark skin & im not sure the indicators would be the same (assuming you're lighter complexion ?) So about how many minutes did you press the acv in ?