Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Unhappy With Their Subsicion?

MemberMember
(@nydude)

Posted : 02/15/2015 2:34 pm

Did anyone here get subscision done and were unhappy with it?

How about Dermapen? Might that be a good alternative?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/15/2015 2:53 pm

Subcision addresses the scars from the inside or dermis by cutting the scars bands. As a result blood is then pooled under the affected area eventually causing depressed scar to level off with the surrounding area. As where Microneedling tackles scars from the outside or epidermis and slightly into the dermis, depending on needle lenght causing micro wounds that results in collagen formation (CIT) (the idea is that small wounds heal quickly) A combo of both can yield good results. I would throw in a suctioning device for more substantial improvement to prevent the scars re-attaching themselves after a subcision and or microneedle procedure.

I'm getting it done in March

Nydude liked
MemberMember
(@nydude)

Posted : 02/15/2015 3:08 pm

Awesome

Subcision addresses the scars from the inside or dermis by cutting the scars bands. As a result blood is then pooled under the affected area eventually causing depressed scar to level off with the surrounding area. As where Microneedling tackles scars from the outside or epidermis and slightly into the dermis, causing micro wounds that results in collagen formation (CIT) depending on needle length. (the idea is that small wounds heal quickly) A combo of both can yield good results. I would throw in a suctioning device for more substantial improvement to prevent the scars re-attaching themselves after a subcision and or microneedle procedure.

Awesome Roberitoo! Do you mind me asking by who? I might have it done by Dr. Rapaport in NJ. Someone else told me they were not happy with having it done.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/15/2015 3:31 pm

Awesome

Subcision addresses the scars from the inside or dermis by cutting the scars bands. As a result blood is then pooled under the affected area eventually causing depressed scar to level off with the surrounding area. As where Microneedling tackles scars from the outside or epidermis and slightly into the dermis, causing micro wounds that results in collagen formation (CIT) depending on needle length. (the idea is that small wounds heal quickly) A combo of both can yield good results. I would throw in a suctioning device for more substantial improvement to prevent the scars re-attaching themselves after a subcision and or microneedle procedure.

Awesome Roberitoo! Do you mind me asking by who? I might have it done by Dr. Rapaport in NJ. Someone else told me they were not happy with having it done.

Dr. Rullan in San Diego, Ca

And well, this is an analogy will help you understand treatments some more: some people get amazing results with ablative lasers, some don't and some get permanent. damage. Some chemo treatments cure cancer on some patients while on others chemo is rendered useless, and eventually die. Tylenol works on you but not on your wife... The list goes on and on and on...

One bad review wont stray me away from subcision considering subcision has countless research papers backing it up!!

You have to try it out yourself.

I will tell you one thing tho. A Dermatalogy practice is essentially a business seeking to make $$$. You have to make a decision based on your knowledge and what you believe it best for you.

Not from a doctor that will sell you snake oil Fraxel: Restore like most. (Not saying Dr. Rapaport does this)

ToTheMoonAndBack, Tadamasa, Nydude and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@liberte)

Posted : 02/15/2015 4:42 pm

I am not unhappy with the procedure itself and it did not do any damage. I just expected better results and I am questioning myself, what went wrong. Not enough of vitamines? Genetics? Bad supplements? Wrong aftercare? Robertitooo is just right...you never know, what procedure will work on you. But subcision has quite good reviews and quite low risk level. Definitely try it! Good luck!

And yes, I would go for suction and microneedeling too (also low risk levels).

Nydude liked
MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 02/16/2015 6:24 pm

Did both. Wasn't happy with subcision (2x) or microneedling (5x). That said, I still think subcision works for the right person...with the right doctor. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 02/16/2015 11:30 pm

Thats funny Robertitoo, I was one of those suckers that fell for the fraxel restore scheme. And obviously the results weren't worth the pay. But I'm about to have subcision done in 4 days, so I'll make a post if the results were worth it or not

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/17/2015 7:39 am

Thats funny Robertitoo, I was one of those suckers that fell for the fraxel restore scheme. And obviously the results weren't worth the pay. But I'm about to have subcision done in 4 days, so I'll make a post if the results were worth it or not

Make sure you do suction if you can!!

Tadamasa liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 02/17/2015 3:58 pm

I think it's safe to conclude at this point that Fraxel Restore is a complete waste of time and money. It's been over 7 or 8 years since this hit the market and the majority of reviews are highly negative. The only people I've found that are still saying it is helpful are the doctor's offices that paid big money for these machines and are trying to recoup the costs.