Notifications
Clear all

Should I Keep Using Benzoyl Peroxide Wash And Benzoyl Peroxide Topical?

MemberMember
(@eruiz710)

Posted : 02/04/2015 2:41 pm

I recently have been noticing my face gets oiler than it used to (actually my face used to be dry and flakey) I've been using benzoyl peroxide wash twice a day(2.5%) and topical at night (5%). I've been using it for I would say about a year and my acne has been under control but I do get a lot of zits from how oily my skin has gotten. I drink 2 liters of water & eat right. I've been wanting to switch my wash to cetaphil but I'm terrified my skin will get how it used to be. What would any of you suggest? Should I got to just using a wash like cetaphil? Thanks

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 02/04/2015 2:57 pm

I can see you're in a bit of a bind here. On one hand, your acne is minimal but you have oily skin, on the other, you could try new products to reduce the oiliness but risk having breakouts. Why don't you try using oil absorbing cloths instead? That way you don't need to change any of the products that you currently have.

MemberMember
(@eruiz710)

Posted : 02/04/2015 3:18 pm

I do use oil blotting sheets 3-4 times a day. I just hate it because it ruins my make upband makes me feel icky

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/04/2015 8:17 pm

There are many options out there for oil control, if that is your biggest issue. Many people are controlling their oil production successfully with supplements, such as vitamin A, cod liver oil (which is high in vitamin A) and hemp seed oil. I have been taking hemp seed oil supplements for a couple of months for oil control and I've noticed a huge improvement. Here's a couple of threads you might like to check out:

Here's some info on hemp seed oil: http://highonclearskin.com/how-to-get-clear/dont-clog-your-pores/

Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

MemberMember
(@robi2348)

Posted : 02/04/2015 8:23 pm

The answer is yes, if you are not having any allergic reactions, and you most importantly believe that is will eventually clear up your breakout.