Notifications
Clear all

Still Visible After Years

MemberMember
(@youngthegiant)

Posted : 02/03/2015 5:20 pm

I'm 20 years old, ive had these same spots since 9th grade of highschool on both sides. I am now in my sophomore year of college. I have been to the dermatologist for years off and on trying different antibiotics and creams. Recently he wanted me to try accutane but I can't go on that medication for other reasons. I wash my face twice a day, I get enough sleep and I never touch my face. I am currently taking Zithromax 250MG, and Clindamycin phosphate topical lotion 1% for over a month now, no results. My skin has these same spots for years, yet I hardly ever get white heads. My skin feels very smooth, you cannot feel these spots at all if you were to feel my cheeks. I have tried so much, benzoyl peroxide, and many other over the counter acne creams, and I am tired of trying and spending so much money and the spots haven't moved at all this entire time. It really upsets me, and I'd like to go out with friends and family and not worry so much about how my face looks, I'd like to have clear skin. any advice?

29oppjm.png

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 02/03/2015 7:28 pm

Ask your doctor about topical retinoids.

MemberMember
(@rocketraccoon)

Posted : 02/06/2015 9:50 pm

I've known people with this problem (much worse, though) and it can leave scarring. Knew friend whose Dr. used liquid nitrogen.

I've spent $$$ w/dermatologists; washes/gels/Meds; etc., to remove an acne potmark that some colleagues suspect was once a nose ring. Laser therapy was unhelpful.

Recently went on amazon.com; bought Salicylic Acid (20%) + Glycolic Acid (30%) + Derma-roller. Altogether, under $100. I noticed immediate, and drastic improvement in complexion. A derma-roller will help encourage collagen production.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 02/08/2015 10:26 pm

The spots almost look like prolonged irritation. I would suggest you give up all topicals for a few weeks, just cleanse once a day with a gentle cleanser, and see if the redness subsides.

MemberMember
(@azarsega)

Posted : 02/09/2015 6:19 pm

well I have had my fair share of acne scars and they either vary from red marks or dark dark dark marks.

First, drink it up...with water of course!

I gave bio oil a shot...but that made me break out so I had to cut that at the nub.

Some dark spot correctors...that didnt help much besides making my face feel oily... even tried some home remedies like baking soda, lemon, aspirin...blah blah. It worked some, but I wanted results fast...

so I kept searching for a peel of some sort to take off layers of my skin...but I did not want to heft out major $$$ and I did not want to go to work with half my face falling off.

so after googling for hours I came upon Kiehls webpage...and mannnn am I hooked!

For me I tried Kiehls overnight biological peel (it doesnt really peel your skin more like exfoliates) 2x a week and I noticed big results within the second week.

What my regimen pertains to the nights I use the peel (tuesday and fridays)--cetaphil cleanser, calendula toner and the overnight biological peel

on other nights (mon,wed,thurs, sat and sun) --cetaphil cleanser, skin brightening exfoliator, calendula toner and cerave moisturizer (with the occasional SA or BP on those sneaky pimples).

and I have to say the marks reduced/disappeared after a month.

granted every persons skin is different and the results may vary ... but I am glad I came upon that beauty.

Sorry I went off on this response...but I know the feeling of wanting to get rid of those marks asap and wanted to share what has helped me

OH AND dont forget your sunblock!