Notifications
Clear all

Can Retin-A Micro Prevent Scarring From Cysts/nodules?

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 01/24/2015 4:06 pm

Can Retin-A Micro--or the generic version--prevent scarring from cysts/nodules, especially those that already have surfaced? (By scarring, I'm talking about real damage to the skin--i.e., indentations.)

Thank you,

PI

MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 01/25/2015 1:27 am

I think if you are prone to scarring, the acne just tends to scar. Having used BP, differin, roaccutane, tretinoin etc. I don't think it matters what you are on. If you are prone to it, sadly you can scar.

MemberMember
(@legomom)

Posted : 01/25/2015 5:22 pm

No. Scars from cysts are indentations from the little pothole leftover from the cyst, the decayed skin around it and the wall, your skin built to try to contain the infection.

RetinA just helps you turn over the top layer of skin faster.

I know they say that in theory, it can help build collegen and all that, but while it may help with the APPEARANCE of scars, the scars from cysts are just too deep.

And as I have gotten older, the cyst scars from my 20s have only gotten worse as the sagging and wrinkling is much worse there, than it was when my skin was tighter. (Im 46)

That's why I tell you guys to fight for Accutane while you are YOUNG, and it's also why I'm looking forward to a facelift so I can stretch the skin tighter so the scars won't be so noticable.