Notifications
Clear all

Sulfur On Acne

MemberMember
(@defexn)

Posted : 01/24/2015 1:59 pm

So I just found this product that is a 10% sulfur ointment for pimples and this is my first time ever getting a product with sulfur. What does sulfur do for acne and does it actually help ???

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/24/2015 5:06 pm

Sulfur is great for acne. Not as fast-acting as BP, but effective. My daughter cannot use BP and has been on sulfur for about four years now. Be careful what you buy in the store. She tried a few store products and they broke her out bad. We use Lumiplexion for almost all our acne products. You can email me if you want specific information. I have used it for 25 years now. My daughter had moderate to severe acne. The sulfur took two to three months to work but her skin is beautiful and she has almost no acne scars now, even though her acne had left a lot of marks during her breakouts. My son has just started using her BP product.

MemberMember
(@emsizzle)

Posted : 02/20/2015 8:15 pm

I like sulfur better than BP. BP dries me out a lot. I've been seeing a derm who likes to prescribe antibiotics. I found that when I stopped using the antibiotics and used the sulfur cream it had an equal effect. It does not get rid of my large nodules on my jaw line, but my forehead is 100% clear. Its not as drying but since I have sensitive skin, at first it left my face fairly red. Now that I've been using for 2 months I no longer get redness

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/15/2015 5:01 am

I tried both, and both caused excessive drying and flaking and redness for me... even when using very sparingly. But I know it works for a lot of other people.