Notifications
Clear all

Can I Use Epiduo With Glycolic Acid Cream

MemberMember
(@defexn)

Posted : 01/16/2015 7:35 pm

So Ive been using epiduo for like two weeks and my face has been flaking and flaking with dead skin constantly. Everytime I get out the shower the hot water makes the dead skin worse and I have to rub it off with my hand. So I was wondering would putting glycolic acid cream 10% over my epiduo at night help with the build up of dead skin since glycolic acid is an exfoliant.

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/17/2015 12:46 pm

What ?? Glycolic acid over Epiduo gel ?? Nope , never do that you are already using adapalene ( retinoid) and bp so not think of using glycolic acid over epid. Gel , it will cause more irritation on your face ( redness , peeling , burning ) ...but if your acnes are cleared then stop using epiduo gel , your skin will turn normal in some days ( 4-5 days ) but don"t use harsh soap or other cream & then if you can treat your acnes with Epiduo gel or you can use glycolic 6% for acne scars ,hyperpigmentation .......but use only 1 cream at 1 time , seriously your face will look like monkey "s face if you use glyco. Over epid. Gel

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 01/17/2015 3:32 pm

Using the two products together will most likely cause more flaking, and redness too. The retinoid is already creating cell turnover. Try cutting back to every other night, or add a moisturizer. And your skin should get used to the Epiduo over time.