Notifications
Clear all

Our Food Kills

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/09/2015 4:25 pm

This section is for news and information on harmful food products that may be ruining our bodies and causing our acne and bad health.

1387172-4622597712_22e4f9049e.jpg

Huey was right. High fructose corn syrup can kill. It contains mercury which is extremely dangerous. Companies realized they were cornered recently, so they changed the name of the ingredient to just "fructose." Just FYI to everyone out there to look out.

I stopped eating EVERYTHING that wasn't organic, or that I couldn't read the ingredients on. I was still breaking out when I realized the baking soda I used contained corn. It didn't state it on the label. Those sneaky bastards.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/09/2015 5:31 pm

LOL!...thank you very much ,Monsanto!.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/12/2015 2:43 pm

After years of being on antibiotics (e.g. Doxycycline, Bactrim, Solodyn, etc.), I am beginning to think that my acne has something to do with leaky gut syndrome. In addition to acne, I deal with chronic fatigue, frequent upset stomach, bloating, dry eye syndrome (exacerbated by LASIK), mental fog, lowgrade depression, and anxiety.

Also, watch the documentary, "A Beautiful Truth" on Netflix. This pretty much changed my life.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/15/2015 11:06 pm

Also, watch the documentary, "A Beautiful Truth" on Netflix. This pretty much changed my life.

I will check that out. I actually recently watched a food documentary on Netflix recently. Don't remember what it was called, but it was about the meat factories mistreating Earthlings and the gmo's. Messed up stuff. I also watched Chipotle which was super good compared to my expectations.

LOL!...thank you very much ,Monsanto!.

Wow, I thought you were speaking spanish until I looked up what Monsanto was. I remember them now. They're a bad company. Glad to see you know your stuff!

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/15/2015 11:36 pm

After years of being on antibiotics (e.g. Doxycycline, Bactrim, Solodyn, etc.), I am beginning to think that my acne has something to do with leaky gut syndrome. In addition to acne, I deal with chronic fatigue, frequent upset stomach, bloating, dry eye syndrome (exacerbated by LASIK), mental fog, lowgrade depression, and anxiety. Also, watch the documentary, "A Beautiful Truth" on Netflix. This pretty much changed my life.

Have you had your thyroid levels tested?

And yes ,antibiotics are bad ,I know for a fact that they mess up the digestive system.

Well besides all the genetically modified crops that we have to eat ,because we have no choice,unless we grow our own ,rain used to be good to the plants and all beings when the soil contained all natural sulfur and the clouds would come down and absorbed it ,now the clouds come down and absorb pesticides and salicylic acid injected engineered enhanced soil.

Water used to be good then ,but we still need water .

All animas injected with hormones and antibiotics,no wonder so much cancer and us becoming immune to antibiotics.

Try to eat organic if you can ,my son insists that it's impossible to know if it's really organic. Well I can tell you this ,I bought some organic chicken at target and when we grilled it on the stove ,it didnt form the white film and water that most chicken do, it cooked faster ,

it didnt have the stinky smell,and my son cooked it and he was ,like ?

So ,I'm just sharing .

I hope that you can find a good eye doctor who can help you .

Take care .

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/15/2015 11:53 pm

@Melloman....LOL...Spanish ,ja ,ja ,and yes I grew up in Mexico and that was a long time ago.

And thanks to Google I do a lot of reading,my husband thinks too much reading. I like to read and share information(although I can't retain specifics).It is sad to see that regarding our environment everything has gone bad ,technology is great if people have the meanings , but it is sad still .

Thanks for sharing.

Melloman liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/17/2015 10:17 pm

After years of being on antibiotics (e.g. Doxycycline, Bactrim, Solodyn, etc.), I am beginning to think that my acne has something to do with leaky gut syndrome. In addition to acne, I deal with chronic fatigue, frequent upset stomach, bloating, dry eye syndrome (exacerbated by LASIK), mental fog, lowgrade depression, and anxiety. Also, watch the documentary, "A Beautiful Truth" on Netflix. This pretty much changed my life.

And yes ,antibiotics are bad ,I know for a fact that they mess up the digestive system.

Well besides all the genetically modified crops that we have to eat ,because we have no choice,unless we grow our own ,rain used to be good to the plants and all beings when the soil contained all natural sulfur and the clouds would come down and absorbed it ,now the clouds come down and absorb pesticides and salicylic acid injected engineered enhanced soil.

All animas injected with hormones and antibiotics,no wonder so much cancer and us becoming immune to antibiotics.

Try to eat organic if you can ,my son insists that it's impossible to know if it's really organic. Well I can tell you this ,I bought some organic chicken at target and when we grilled it on the stove ,it didnt form the white film and water that most chicken do, it cooked faster ,

So ,I'm just sharing .

Take care .

Thanks, noche. I had a comprehensive blood test a few years ago, which revealed low Vitamin D levels at the time, but I'm not sure whether my thyroid levels were checked as well. Regardless, this is something I plan to look into in the coming weeks. Hypothyroidism actually runs in my family but mostly among older relatives who are all women.

I also want to schedule an appointment with a nutritionist to better understand how my current diet (primarily paleo) could still be affecting my skin and what changes I should make. Giving preference towards eating organic foods is something I practice now and to do this even more I plan to start a small garden in the spring.

I have an appointment scheduled in a few weeks at the John Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute for my eyes though I don't I have particularly high expectations. I am too used to conventional doctors merely treating symptoms without any consideration of diet, lifestyle, or other health related factors.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/18/2015 2:05 am

John457... yes, I know about doctors .I haven't prayed in awhile,only when I need help really bad( I confess).I do talk to God ,but Christian churches left me disillusioned and hurt(long story) .

But I promise I will ask God through his son Jesus Christ to send you some help .

Take care,John457.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 02/20/2015 8:15 pm

So ,I'm just sharing .

Take care .

Thanks, noche. I had a comprehensive blood test a few years ago, which revealed low Vitamin D levels at the time, but I'm not sure whether my thyroid levels were checked as well. Regardless, this is something I plan to look into in the coming weeks. Hypothyroidism actually runs in my family but mostly among older relatives who are all women.

I also want to schedule an appointment with a nutritionist to better understand how my current diet (primarily paleo) could still be affecting my skin and what changes I should make. Giving preference towards eating organic foods is something I practice now and to do this even more I plan to start a small garden in the spring.

I have an appointment scheduled in a few weeks at the John Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute for my eyes though I don't I have particularly high expectations. I am too used to conventional doctors merely treating symptoms without any consideration of diet, lifestyle, or other health related factors.

I know you promote leaky gut, but I think you might just have a thyroid problem. When my acne was really bad with post traumatic stress syndrom I went to a naturopath that told me that I had leaky gut (without asking me any questions) probably because I had acne and was really down. She told me that she would do a food intolerance test and then we'd take those out of my diet and let it heal. Great. I went on accutane instead though. Now, when I decided to go back to this theory I went to a new naturopath, took the test (real blood test, super expensive and sent to a lab), and after told her how I would heal my 'leaky gut'? (because obviously I have been thinking about this quite a lot- who wants a leaking gut right?) She looked at me oddly and asked why do you think you have leaky gut? "You only have two food intolerances, in situations where leaky gut is a problem almost everything you eat end up on these tests and they can be more than 40+ intolerances."

I find this very odd, are you saying accutane healed my 'leaky gut'? Or, is it that she only told me I had leaky gut because I had acne? Checking food intolerances might not be bad though, but since I still suffer from anxiety (which I believe is the root of my problems) my stomach will be in nots regardless of what I eat when I'm having such an attack. But, lesson? Just because you have acne and stomach problems (me too) does not mean you have leaky gut.

I feel a bit sceptic since being through chinese medicine, naturopathy, diet (also did candida diet for 4 months without any results, then paleo for a couple of months, I've stayed away from sugar alcohol etc for possibly two years). This has been for mild-moderate (the worst it became when I got like three or four cysts during the night completely randomly after being on these diets for awhile). It got so bad with everything that I got severely underweight and was scared to eat. Proteins being bad for digestion and liver, fat for slowing down digestion, and carbs the worst (I don't need to tell you about carbs - you know). I'm still scared of food and I hate it. It is like we're punishing ourselves for having acne, like it is gonna help. Candida diet was the worst, when I ate some almond butter months after being on this diet I almost fainted because it tasted so good, I could literally not stop my mouth from watering. I'm glad I'm not doing that to myself anymore. I have also tried making SCD yogurt (with coconut), and eating it everyday for months, exercise everyday (running), juicing everyday (5 weeks now), fiber, every supplement you can think of. Liver cleanses, milk thistle (this actually works though for me with stomach you might try that 3000 mg everyday). I don't have acne anymore, but that was accutane sadly enough, and I am sure that my acne originates in anxiety. BUT, I do not completely discredit leaky gut (only candida - please read this which explains it really well: http://www.theskinnywhitebuddha.com/2012/04/candida-hoax.html ), some who have a LOT of intolerances can have it (I am not totally sure though, but maybe) so if you wanna check that out... but...

Get a thermometer and take your temperature every morning just when you wake up. Is it below 36.4 consistently for a couple of days or above 36.7, then go check your thyroid. Being as exhausted as you are is def something I would point at anxiety, depression, or thyroid (especially since it is in your family). Go see a doctor and MAKE them understand how you are feeling, MAKE THEM HELP. Because you feel so lost after surfing on the web trying to self diagnose in a sea of scams and hoaxes, and as I understand it, it is really hard to navigate when you are in a distressed state of mind.

I wish you luck.

noche liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/05/2015 6:35 pm

So ,I'm just sharing .

Take care .

I know you promote leaky gut, but I think you might just have a thyroid problem. When my acne was really bad with post traumatic stress syndrom I went to a naturopath that told me that I had leaky gut (without asking me any questions) probably because I had acne and was really down. She told me that she would do a food intolerance test and then we'd take those out of my diet and let it heal. Great. I went on accutane instead though. Now, when I decided to go back to this theory I went to a new naturopath, took the test (real blood test, super expensive and sent to a lab), and after told her how I would heal my 'leaky gut'? (because obviously I have been thinking about this quite a lot- who wants a leaking gut right?) She looked at me oddly and asked why do you think you have leaky gut? "You only have two food intolerances, in situations where leaky gut is a problem almost everything you eat end up on these tests and they can be more than 40+ intolerances."

I find this very odd, are you saying accutane healed my 'leaky gut'? Or, is it that she only told me I had leaky gut because I had acne? Checking food intolerances might not be bad though, but since I still suffer from anxiety (which I believe is the root of my problems) my stomach will be in nots regardless of what I eat when I'm having such an attack. But, lesson? Just because you have acne and stomach problems (me too) does not mean you have leaky gut.

I feel a bit sceptic since being through chinese medicine, naturopathy, diet (also did candida diet for 4 months without any results, then paleo for a couple of months, I've stayed away from sugar alcohol etc for possibly two years). This has been for mild-moderate (the worst it became when I got like three or four cysts during the night completely randomly after being on these diets for awhile). It got so bad with everything that I got severely underweight and was scared to eat. Proteins being bad for digestion and liver, fat for slowing down digestion, and carbs the worst (I don't need to tell you about carbs - you know). I'm still scared of food and I hate it. It is like we're punishing ourselves for having acne, like it is gonna help. Candida diet was the worst, when I ate some almond butter months after being on this diet I almost fainted because it tasted so good, I could literally not stop my mouth from watering. I'm glad I'm not doing that to myself anymore. I have also tried making SCD yogurt (with coconut), and eating it everyday for months, exercise everyday (running), juicing everyday (5 weeks now), fiber, every supplement you can think of. Liver cleanses, milk thistle (this actually works though for me with stomach you might try that 3000 mg everyday). I don't have acne anymore, but that was accutane sadly enough, and I am sure that my acne originates in anxiety. BUT, I do not completely discredit leaky gut (only candida - please read this which explains it really well: http://www.theskinnywhitebuddha.com/2012/04/candida-hoax.html ), some who have a LOT of intolerances can have it (I am not totally sure though, but maybe) so if you wanna check that out... but...

Get a thermometer and take your temperature every morning just when you wake up. Is it below 36.4 consistently for a couple of days or above 36.7, then go check your thyroid. Being as exhausted as you are is def something I would point at anxiety, depression, or thyroid (especially since it is in your family). Go see a doctor and MAKE them understand how you are feeling, MAKE THEM HELP. Because you feel so lost after surfing on the web trying to self diagnose in a sea of scams and hoaxes, and as I understand it, it is really hard to navigate when you are in a distressed state of mind.

I wish you luck.

Thanks for your reply and sorry that I'm just now responding. You're right in that possessing symptoms of leaky gut (e.g. acne and digestive issues) does not necessarily mean one is suffering from a similar diagnosis. The reason I tend to think that leaky guy may be to blame though is because I blindly took Doxycycline, Bactrim, Solodyn, and other antibiotics frequently prescribed for colds over a period of roughly two or so years. There is also a strong preference in the alternative health community for attributing small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), dysbiosis, and candida as the culprits for adult acne and related symptoms. The extent of my own digestive symptoms mainly includes experiencing diarrhea at least once or twice a week. Between that, and always exhibiting a subtle or sometimes pronounced reddened complexion, which is likely some form of rosacea, I have often thought that my gut is probably in inflamed and generally in trouble, with the thinking being "healthy gut, healthy skin" or potentially lack thereof. In reading some of the sites dedicated towards helping others overcome leaky guy, I almost hope that, like you said, this is not the root of all of my problems, as the sheer lifestyle changes, medical tests, time and money needed to reverse something like leaky gut is enormous. It's almost overwhelming, and that's not to say that other chronic diseases may not require the same level of commitment, but leaky gut in particular is scary stuff.

I can definitely relate to your fear of eating, as so many foods are suspected allergens or contributors to chronic disease and so many different diets contradict one another in recommending or advising against the same foods, making things very confusing. Having said that, however, I have elected to follow a modified version of the Paleo diet, one that incorporates rice and quinoa and occasionally goat cheese. The general philosophy behind Paleo is great because it emphasizes consuming whole foods but I've found, at lest through my limited trial and error, that I need some of kind starch to stay full. Still, depending on what I'm actually dealing with, which I'm hopeful my initial appointment with a functional medicine practitioner will shed light on, I may need to alter my diet further. I have always had a very strange relationship with food (not eating enough, avoiding certain foods, being a picky eater, etc.), and, as a result, struggled with maintaining weight. For someone with my metabolism and build to gain weight, I would need to regularly and frequently lift weights along with consuming adequate amount of protein on a daily basis, which may or may not be counterintuitive to something like, say, leaky gut. There are, what I believe to be, horror stories of people on the CureZone forums who lived entirely off fennel and chicken for the course of a year in order to manage their candida and get rid of their acne. I hope I would never have to venture on a similar path. I say this now but I guess it all depends on how far down the rabbit whole one is willing to go to get better.

Lately, I've noticed large dark circles under my eyes, but also in several family members as well. I don't think this is necessarily heredity though but more so another sign of my current state of health. I will definitely keep my thyroid in mind too. There was a thread I read on this site where someone indicated that although their bloodwork revealed nothing unusual in regards to their thyroid, their doctor still treated them accordingly, as they were experiencing all symptoms of a thyroid condition. This apparently proved to be successful.