Notifications
Clear all

I Finally Cleared My Acne With Diet

MemberMember
(@mariicrystal)

Posted : 01/08/2015 2:41 am

Guys that's my first post here and i want to share my experience with you so i can help anyone who struggled with acne like i did.

For the past few years i always had acne on my cheeks it wasn't severe it was barely seen but still i wasn't satisfied and was trying to get rid if it,looking at my skin back then i had the perfect skin and what's ironic i didn't like my skin and saw that tiny pimple a big deal not until 8 months ago that my face erupted in cysts on my chin and cheeks and forehead and nothing was working of course you know how having acne feels like,i couldn't look in the mirror in the morning i would always try to ignore any mirror i pass by so i can forget about my skin but what killed me and destroyed my self confidence are people they just come to you like "hey you have lots of acne you should try blah blah" " oh your face looks bad you're not eating well", they know nothing,they have no idea how much i try and try to clear up my face but failed every time i would go home crying not knowing what to do,my face would clear up for awhile and then the acne would come back even worse, to be honest i didn't use proactiv or benzoyl peroxide but what worked for me and still use right now the sulphur soap which helps a lot and made my skin brighter and more even by fading the scars, okay let's get to the point eventually i realized that something was wrong with my internal, i suffered from irritable bowel syndrome and my diet was so poor that i was always bloated and my abdomen hurts,also i was having painful PMS

I am a naturally skinny girl and i never gain weight no matter how much i eat that's why i never payed attention to what i was eating i would eat hamburger for breakfast and KFC for dinner i could eat mccdonalds and chocolate cake right before i sleep and still wouldn't gain any weight but when i started having acne i started noticing how unhealthy i was so i changed that.

All i did was cut out dairy,gluten, and fried food..yeah you need to cut those food they are disasters for your health you can replace dairy with coconut or almond milk and eat gluten free breads and pastas

Also i added healthy foods to my diet like eggs, almonds,salmon,avocados,fruits,veggies and herbs (green tea,camomile ,ginger,cinnamon) which helped renew my skin cells and speed up the healing process

That's it! DIET! That's all it takes to have clear skin just heal your gut and start to make more healthy decisions for the sake of your body,i promise you your life will change if you tried my diet and it worked for you please let me know i would be really happy knowing i helped someone out there :)

kuma0298 liked
MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/08/2015 9:09 am

If you've read these boards at all, you would know diet is not a cure for acne. Diet has almost no effect on some people's acne. Really your gut has nothing to do with acne. It is a hormonal issue and a genetic issue.

Glad to hear it cleared up your mild acne, but it really is not that easy.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/08/2015 10:15 am

we are all different, I had cystic acne and accutane didn't work for me, quit after 7 months of a never ending initial breakout and other side effects- so there you go, that is the cure all for the world, uh not for me

one size does NOT FIT ALL with acne, we all should know that

I had exhausted all pharmacy options, so diet was the only thing I had left- quit dairy and gluten and amazingly cleared most of my cystic acne....still get an occasional cyst though and my diet is PERFECT

so there is a place for diet for SOME OF US, not all of us- and before I'd take a pill with known severe side effects I sure would try it for 30 days....wish wish wish someone had told me- all of my scars are from my 7 month never ending initial cystic accutane breakout....sigh

but diet DOES HELP MANY--- so please try it for yourself

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/13/2015 8:19 am

Your gut has nothing to do with acne? Do yourself a favour and research the gut-skin axis, and gut-brain axis. You can say that if you want, but if you still have acne with a poor diet, eating gluten/dairy etc, have digestion problems, do you ever consider something to be wrong in your body? And tackle it rather than surpressing it with topical products? well done Mariicrystal, I wished I had noticed the link years ago!!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/13/2015 8:50 am

I think for many of us it takes a mix of diet modification and some sort of skin-care plan to achieve and maintain clear skin, until acne finally resolves where treatment is no longer needed. However, I've read many, many threads on here from people who are able to control their acne with diet alone. Still, finding the right combo for your skin can be a huge process of elimination, trial and error, so it's important not to give up.

Congrats and best wishes to Mariicrystal on getting clear and for your continued success! :)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/13/2015 1:56 pm

Congratulations! Could you add your story to our Success thread filled with people who cleared their skin via diet and lifestyle. There's a link at the top of the pinned Good things thread.

MemberMember
(@mariicrystal)

Posted : 01/19/2015 1:58 am

If you've read these boards at all, you would know diet is not a cure for acne. Diet has almost no effect on some people's acne. Really your gut has nothing to do with acne. It is a hormonal issue and a genetic issue.

Glad to hear it cleared up your mild acne, but it really is not that easy.

That's what i used to say to give myself an excuse not to eat healthy and since i was skinny i didn't bother with having a healthy diet but seriously you need to make some researches because the gut has everything to do with acne! Ever wondered what causing those hormones? I forgot to mention that my poor diet was causing a hormonal imbalance and when i fixed it i fixed my hormones too you should give it a try + my acne wasn't that mild my face was covered with zits whiteheads and blackheads and diet cured everything for me