Notifications
Clear all

3 Months Post Tane Oily Nose

MemberMember
(@leez12)

Posted : 12/29/2014 8:08 am

Well I'm about 3 months post tane and still doing relatively well. Everywhere is clear and has remained clear apart from my nose.

I now have an oily t-zone which is extremely frustrating as I'm that close to having great skin.

My nose constantly has VERY tiny whiteheads on it due to the oil and my nose has lots of blackheads, what should I do about this? The oil returns very quickly after washing. I really don't want to return to bp creams and/or antibiotics..

I was considering going back to my derm and asking for a low dose course which could possibly stop this overproduction of oil for good.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

MemberMember
(@legomom)

Posted : 12/31/2014 1:39 pm

Talk with your derm about either doing another round since you didn't get complete remission OR doing a long term, low dose to decrease oil production.

This decision depends on several factors. If you are female, pre-menopause, ANY Accutane will cause birth defects so you will have to take birth control and pregnancy tests every month.

Males and post menopausal women are better candidates for longterm lowdose Accuane because the birth defect thing isn't an issue.