Notifications
Clear all

Birth Control?

MemberMember
(@volleyballgirl9)

Posted : 12/29/2014 1:50 am

Thinking of wanting to start a birth control to heal acne?what is the Initial breakout like and how long until clear skin? Bad idea? post-442642-0-52473200-1419835800_thumb.

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 12/30/2014 12:25 am

You may or may not have an initial breakout. On my last pill, Junel, I had virtually no side effects, my acne got better and my painful periods were better too. But you may also have a breakout that first month, or it may continue for a while longer. General medical advice is that if you are on a pill for 2 or 3 months and your acne doesn't improve or gets worse, it's the wrong hormone combination. It does take some time for your body to get used to a new pill, so you shouldn't stop too quickly unless you have drastic side effects. Ultimately you should talk to your derm or general practitioner.

MemberMember
(@volleyballgirl9)

Posted : 01/02/2015 12:29 am

You may or may not have an initial breakout. On my last pill, Junel, I had virtually no side effects, my acne got better and my painful periods were better too. But you may also have a breakout that first month, or it may continue for a while longer. General medical advice is that if you are on a pill for 2 or 3 months and your acne doesn't improve or gets worse, it's the wrong hormone combination. It does take some time for your body to get used to a new pill, so you shouldn't stop too quickly unless you have drastic side effects. Ultimately you should talk to your derm or general practitioner.

Thank you so much!