Notifications
Clear all

Accutane In China [Please Help]

MemberMember
(@accutanech)

Posted : 12/27/2014 9:32 am

I'm going to try to keep this simple, so here's the facts:

- I've been on Accutane before, didn't really experience any side effects (apart from dry skin, lips, bit of redness etc.), but it worked great and it got rid of my acne for almost a year and a half, which was awesome.

- My acne has slowly come back over the last 18 months, I've tried to get rid of it through BP, anti-biotics etc. and I'm now sick of it.

- I went to the GP again, and after about a month they finally got me referred to the Dermatologist (or hospital, or whever it is ), who would be putting me back on Accutane, but due to real life issues, I phoned the dermtologist 2 days later than the letter stated, so even after explaining everything to them they said I would still have to go back to my GP to get re-reffered to them, which would take another month, so that's completely ridicolous.

- I'm moving to China in Februray to live for two years (I've got a job there).

- I'm planning on buying Accutane online (please don't bother calling me stupid etc, I will be going through with it regardless, so with your help and accurate information will just make the process much safer, I will be getting blood tests throughout).

So my plan is to buy Accutane now, and take it for the month that I'm here (in the UK), which will hopefully be enough time to get over the inital break out, I'm only going to be on it for 3 months (hopefully), but I'm going to purhase 3-4 months worth. My question is;

Will I be able to take 2 months worth of Accutane on the plane with me to China, with no prescription and with no legal repuccusions?

I've read (I believe on here), that acctuane isn't a prescription drug in China, and is widely available from pharmacies etc. Is this the case?

Any help will be very much appreciated, along with the best places to buy it (if I'm allowed to ask that).

MemberMember
(@accutanech)

Posted : 12/27/2014 4:17 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 12/27/2014 4:32 pm

Some people are saying you don't even need a dermatoligist. That it's an OTC drug you can get over the counter. If you're only gonna be on it for 3 months, and you bought 3-4 months worth, why are you even worried about buying more in China? You can call the airlines ahead of time to confirm being able to take it with you on your travels.

MemberMember
(@accutanech)

Posted : 12/27/2014 6:46 pm

Some people are saying you don't even need a dermatoligist. That it's an OTC drug you can get over the counter. If you're only gonna be on it for 3 months, and you bought 3-4 months worth, why are you even worried about buying more in China? You can call the airlines ahead of time to confirm being able to take it with you on your travels.

I don't plan to buy it in China, I just want to take the whole remainder of my 3-4 month supply over to China with me. The one thing I know about China is that there are serious concequences for illegal drugs, but I can't seem to find anything about the legal status of accutane in China anywhere, so was hoping someone would know. From what I've read it's an OTC drug, so there should be no problems taking it on the plane, but I just want someone to confirm this

MemberMember
(@accutanech)

Posted : 12/28/2014 6:02 am

Bump

MemberMember
(@accutanech)

Posted : 12/28/2014 7:27 pm

Sorry to keep bumping

MemberMember
(@accutanech)

Posted : 12/30/2014 6:11 am

Bump, anyone know the legality of Accutane in China?

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 12/30/2014 4:23 pm

I have a roommate here from China. I will ask him, but our language barrier is shitty and it may not even be called "Accutane" there. Again, you might be able to call the airlines and ask them if it is legal. Some may know since they have to give the Okay to allow it on the flight.

Edit:

What it's called in China:

People onine are talking about it like it isn't a big deal. They do have it there, so yours should not be an issue to take with you. If you're still concerned, you can ask airline security when you get to the airport. I will let you know if my roommate knows anything...

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/16586-accutane-type-of-medication-in-china/

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=72264

MemberMember
(@accutanech)

Posted : 12/31/2014 11:27 am

I have a roommate here from China. I will ask him, but our language barrier is shitty and it may not even be called "Accutane" there. Again, you might be able to call the airlines and ask them if it is legal. Some may know since they have to give the Okay to allow it on the flight.

Edit:

People onine are talking about it like it isn't a big deal. They do have it there, so yours should not be an issue to take with you. If you're still concerned, you can ask airline security when you get to the airport. I will let you know if my roommate knows anything...

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/16586-accutane-type-of-medication-in-china/

Thanks man, really appreciate the help. I started my second course of accutane yesterday, I was suprised at how easy it is to obtain.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/03/2015 3:38 pm

Edit:

Thanks man, really appreciate the help. I started my second course of accutane yesterday, I was suprised at how easy it is to obtain.

NP. Glad I could help. Good luck with your tane.