Notifications
Clear all

Unavoidable Acne Aggravation At Work

MemberMember
(@danielrno)

Posted : 12/18/2014 6:28 pm

Hello, all!

For the longest time, the right side of my face has been breaking out more often than the left side of my face. After consideration for what could be causing this, I came to realize that it has to be from work. I work as a server at a Mexican restaurant, and a lot of the dishes we sell come on sizzling skillets (like fajitas), where there is plenty of steam and oil jumping from the skillet. When I bring out a tray of food to a table, I have to place these trays of oily food on my shoulder and next to my face. The oil that jumps from these skillets is making me breakout on just that side of my face, and I'm not sure what to do about it. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 12/18/2014 7:52 pm

Switch to bus boy. Or change restuarants. Actually, you could shoot for the cashier position if that's even possible.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 12/18/2014 8:59 pm

Wow! It might be the oil, it could also be the heat from the sizzling plates causing inflammation. If you really suspect it's the oils, why not carry a face blotter or baby wipes in your pocket, and wipe down in between fajita plates.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/18/2014 11:33 pm

I also think it might the combination of the oil and the steam making the oil go into your face pores.

I heard of someone who worked as a cook and had rosacea and also had a cyst removed from the face.

These days , my face gets all red when I cook.

I really don't know what to recommend to block the steam from going on your face.

In the case that it would be hard for you too switch to another job, then try to wash your face really well after work.

Sorry that you are going through this.