Notifications
Clear all

Whiteheads Becoming Pustules

MemberMember
(@jevans96)

Posted : 12/14/2014 5:33 pm

Hi, I have 20 or so closed comedone in the corners of my mouth I've had most of them for a while now, and they seem to stay on my face until the become inflamed full sized pustules I'm also very fair skinned so the result is a mass of current pustules slight scarring and hyper pigmentation around my mouth which honestly looks awful. I've done research and from what I can tell whiteheads aren't supposed to become pustules. My question is does anyone know why my whiteheads might be becoming pustules/ is there a way to treat them before they do? Currently I use a mix of BP wash and Sacylic Acid wash but that been drying my face out so I'll probably at least slow down with that. I've include a picture the pustules you see used to be whitehead and I'm assuming the whiteheads will at some point become pustules... one by miserable one.

post-435786-0-64841700-1418596340_thumb.

MemberMember
(@25at2015)

Posted : 02/24/2015 11:23 am

I have some problem as you... 25 years old, male, using salicyclic acid for my cleanser in the morning and night... and never use BP....

my whiteheads/ pustules only appear on my right chin.... my left chin, cheeks, etc. are all fine....

are you using any moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@azarsega)

Posted : 02/24/2015 10:48 pm

are you using any moisturizers? If your skin is super dry...it could lead to overproduction of sebum-->clogged pores-->pimples. Maybe lean towards just the SA face wash and stay away from the BP for a while...I find it that BP overdries my skin and does diddly to clear my face of any impeding pimple.

Also, have you tried steaming??

MemberMember
(@25at2015)

Posted : 02/25/2015 4:51 am

are you using any moisturizers? If your skin is super dry...it could lead to overproduction of sebum-->clogged pores-->pimples. Maybe lean towards just the SA face wash and stay away from the BP for a while...I find it that BP overdries my skin and does diddly to clear my face of any impeding pimple.

Also, have you tried steaming??

Hi azarsega, do you have any academic source saying that "dry skin could lead to overproduction of sebum"?

I've read somewhere that our outer skin doesn't have any sensor mechanism that can signal our sebacious gland to produce more sebum when it's dry....