Notifications
Clear all

2Nd Course Accutane, Redness

MemberMember
(@469dma)

Posted : 12/08/2014 9:50 pm

hey guys

im 136 pounds, 5'10, did 40mg for 4 months, ended in end of july.

got back on the tane beggining of november cause some small pimples were forming , no major breakouts but i know these were kinda a sign since there was no week where i would have 100% clear skin.

after my first round, by the end of it i developped some facial flushing, cheek and nose, when i get shy by something or thing like that.

thing were under control tho and it was slowly less frequent

now im on the tane again and its kinda hell. i get red when im in high temperature place, or red after a shower / and i dont even take it that hot ! sometime i get red for no reason at all and it go away 30 min later or sometime not , cant explain it. i drink a ton of cold waters but doesnt seem to do something.

i was wondering if i should decrease my dosage maybe or just stop it ?

i had very not so bad mild acne but persisten and nothing worked.

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/09/2014 3:14 am

You need to moisturize your skin , when I did Accutane, it was kind of fun , because I didn't have breakouts and that was the only time that I could use a moisturizer.

Did you have that reaction before?

I really think that moisturizer will help,I used the aveeno moisturizer body lotion,I know it's a body lotion , but if you do some Google , some people recommend that while using Accutane..

Accutane makes the skin really fragile , sometimes doctors don't explain that.

You probably only have to worry if you still breakout , while using Accutane which I doubt.

The face and probably your body will be dry and your hands and the bottom of your feet will peel , that is normal.

The skin gets dry and cleansed.

While on Accutane you will mostly have to worry about your blood work and not having the side effects.

And don't adjust doses or stop treatment without talking to your dermatologist.

I'm sure he or she can answer your questions.

MemberMember
(@469dma)

Posted : 12/09/2014 9:19 am

You need to moisturize your skin , when I did Accutane, it was kind of fun , because I didn't have breakouts and that was the only time that I could use a moisturizer.

Did you have that reaction before?

I really think that moisturizer will help,I used the aveeno moisturizer body lotion,I know it's a body lotion , but if you do some Google , some people recommend that while using Accutane..

Accutane makes the skin really fragile , sometimes doctors don't explain that.

You probably only have to worry if you still breakout , while using Accutane which I doubt.

The face and probably your body will be dry and your hands and the bottom of your feet will peel , that is normal.

The skin gets dry and cleansed.

While on Accutane you will mostly have to worry about your blood work and not having the side effects.

And don't adjust doses or stop treatment without talking to your dermatologist.

I'm sure he or she can answer your questions.

yeah actually ive been using a moisturizer that i wasnt using on my first course,

it have 0.5% acid salicylic ( which i doubt is enough to be bad for on accutane but still )

i might re-use the first one i was using before, the redness might be triggered by that new moisturizer since its a combination skin one and doesnt moisturize that much, i was using it mainly for my after accutane period

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 12/09/2014 1:25 pm

I would def stop the moisturizer with sal acid

I have very very very tough skin

My Dr told me I could use BP even topical retin-a if my skin tolerated it..to play around with the amount and how often I use it

I can tell u i will be RED if i use any of them..I tried it was NOt good

I def think even that small amount of sal acid could be contributing to your redness

I would stop and switch to another moisturizer for a week or so to see if it helps

I also wondr if u take the full 40 at one time or split it

My Dr told me it didnt matter and to do whatever I was comfy with

I noticed a big difference in my redness when I split the dose rather than take it all at once

When I took it all together my nose looked like rudoplh..it was crazy

good luck to you!
I hope u can make a tweek that help!

kim

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/09/2014 2:43 pm

STOP,STOP ,STOP !......oh my gosh...nothing else while using Accutane. Well I meant,no other acne treatment.only plain moisturizer,and as I said, aveeno daily moisturizing lotion ,in my first reply I wrote body lotion ,sorry ,it's the aveeno daily moisturizing lotion ,fragrance free , it can be used on face and body.

I hope that by now you have read the reply post from kimber607 .

Please read the instructions on Accutane use ,you can't even go in the sun .

Use the Accutane as your doctor instructed you. But I understand,sometimes doctors don't explain nothing. We have to do our own homework.

I really think that you can have success when using things the right way,specially if your body agrees.

My best wishes.

MemberMember
(@469dma)

Posted : 12/09/2014 6:04 pm

STOP,STOP ,STOP !......oh my gosh...nothing else while using Accutane. Well I meant,no other acne treatment.only plain moisturizer,and as I said, aveeno daily moisturizing lotion ,in my first reply I wrote body lotion ,sorry ,it's the aveeno daily moisturizing lotion ,fragrance free , it can be used on face and body.

I hope that by now you have read the reply post from kimber607 .

Please read the instructions on Accutane use ,you can't even go in the sun .

Use the Accutane as your doctor instructed you. But I understand,sometimes doctors don't explain nothing. We have to do our own homework.

I really think that you can have success when using things the right way,specially if your body agrees.

My best wishes.

i know how to use accutane chill ahah its my second course, first went smooth and well!

that redness thing is new with my second course, tho i had it a bit at the end of my first course but now its gettin out of control.

today i had it for a good 2 hours , cheeks, under eyes and nose. looked like a ski mask red mark.

im thinking of just droppin accutane, i took that second course as precaution since i had small zits appearing. ill call tomorow and see if i can reduce to 20mg

and i take the full 40mg pill i dont have 20mg pill??

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/09/2014 7:45 pm

Yeah I took the 40 mg too, my face would get like that, it's kind of normal for the face to get like,I think , that is why moisturizing it's really important , and I'm talking a big blob of moisturizer, that is what my dermatologist recommended, and as I said the only moisturizer I used, was the one I told you, the aveeno daily moisturizing lotion,fragrance free.

MemberMember
(@469dma)

Posted : 12/10/2014 4:47 pm

talked with my derm today, gonna have my dose reduce to 3 x 10 mg pills a day, and if that still too much he said to took only 2 x

cause im still gettin the ski mask burned face look 2 times today and its really annoying. cant live with that

plus i discontinued that moisturizer that had 0.5 % acid salicylic

MemberMember
(@469dma)

Posted : 01/13/2015 11:25 am

I still flush a bit, but its less intense then before, mostly a bit on cheeks now while before it was more, and really less often, maybe 2-3 times a week while before it was almost everyday and 2 times a day sometime

my ears were red not long ago during a flush, kinda weird,

im taking Ativan anti anxiety to stop flushing when its stress related, kinda a spiral thing. you think about flushing then it happen

While it get better with time ??

MemberMember
(@legomom)

Posted : 01/13/2015 3:43 pm

If it's bothering you, ask the derm if you could decrease the dosage by taking every other day or changing to a lower mg.

They just need to push a set amount thru you, based on weight. The end result us pretty much the same, but a lower dose/lengthier time course will result in fewer side effects.

MemberMember
(@469dma)

Posted : 01/13/2015 9:06 pm

If it's bothering you, ask the derm if you could decrease the dosage by taking every other day or changing to a lower mg.

They just need to push a set amount thru you, based on weight. The end result us pretty much the same, but a lower dose/lengthier time course will result in fewer side effects.

i stopped taking accutane like 3 weeks ago as even 10mg a day made me flush bad,

im now taking Ativan anti anxiety to control the flush related to stress etc

it seem to be less and less intense and common with weeks that go by, fingers crossed !

i also use apple cider vinegar for the redness and i take grape seed extract which are supossed to help with blood

hope that will work otherwise i will have to go with beta blocker and Clonidine meds for menopose or even Anti depressant

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/15/2015 11:11 pm

@469dma...I understand ,menopause ,why does it have to be that bad ?

Has your gynecologist check your hormones ?,probably the answer is yes ,since you are menopausal.

And why do they always recommend antidepressants ? I mean it's not of my business if you decide to take them ,but I don't think I would take them ,for what I have read they might cause more harm than good,even my gynecologist said so . He doesnt even prescribe hormones,I don't know if doctors still do ,may be this is the reason why he doesn't.

I know that hormone replacement caused more problems to my mom .

Well ,I hope that you can find the things that will make you feel better .

The only person that can help ourselves is us ,doctors don't really spend too much time listening to us ,I know this for a fact. Those commercials on t.v. make me laugh,when they say ,talk to your doctor about it,more like, tell your doctor about this drug so he can prescribe it to you .

I have been trying to figure out menopause ,it seems that seborrheic dermatitis is one of the skin problems that come with it ,but I guess ,even with old age .

I find it ironic and offensive how scientists are coming and saying these days that the cause of rosacea is the demodex mite .Well we don't have to be scientists to know that, we all have demodex mites on our skins ,it just happens that some people have more than others,and I don't need to go further.

I really hope that you can find an answer.

My best wishes.

MemberMember
(@469dma)

Posted : 01/16/2015 2:01 pm

Has your gynecologist check your hormones ?,probably the answer is yes ,since you are menopausal.

And why do they always recommend antidepressants ? I mean it's not of my business if you decide to take them ,but I don't think I would take them ,for what I have read they might cause more harm than good,even my gynecologist said so . He doesnt even prescribe hormones,I don't know if doctors still do ,may be this is the reason why he doesn't.

The only person that can help ourselves is us ,doctors don't really spend too much time listening to us ,I know this for a fact. Those commercials on t.v. make me laugh,when they say ,talk to your doctor about it,more like, tell your doctor about this drug so he can prescribe it to you .

I have been trying to figure out menopause ,it seems that seborrheic dermatitis is one of the skin problems that come with it ,but I guess ,even with old age .

I find it ironic and offensive how scientists are coming and saying these days that the cause of rosacea is the demodex mite .Well we don't have to be scientists to know that, we all have demodex mites on our skins ,it just happens that some people have more than others,and I don't need to go further.

My best wishes.

hey im not on menopause lol, im a guy and 20 yo ahah,

clonidine is just a meds normally for menopause but used for flushing and others red face related problems

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 01/16/2015 5:20 pm

My best wishes.

hey im not on menopause lol, im a guy and 20 yo ahah,

clonidine is just a meds normally for menopause but used for flushing and others red face related problems

Oh my gosh ,I'm so sorry ,

I'm really sorry,I don't know how many times I can say I'm sorry,please forgive me, 469dma.

You can't even imagine how hard I laughed at this.

Take care.