Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
viper23325

Best Moisturizer While On Accutane?

I am on day 35 or so skin seems to get red using cetaphil twice a day but it works for me. I tried Cereve and it just was drying me out within 2-3 hours. Anything similar to cetaphil but wont make me red? I am not sure if its accutane thats making me red or the cetaphil but it seems its the cetaphil because its only on my face on exact spots I put the moisturizer on.

The "best" moisturizer will be highly subjective to each person. I've never been on accutane before, but I do have a dry type of skin. In general, you want a moisturizer that is good for sensitive skin, has no toxic chemicals, and is noncomedogenic. I use 5 different kinds of moisturizers, so I wouldn't recommend using more than one if your acne isn't in control. The moisturizers are in my signature below. I also put a moisturizing mask everyday if I have time. I usually have a homemade mask or a purchased mask. They work wonders for my dry skin, especially during the winter months. Good luck!

Edited by KimchiiMonsturr