Notifications
Clear all

When Does The Purging Stage Usually Happen?

MemberMember
(@rilianne07)

Posted : 12/03/2014 11:32 pm

I have been using Proactiv and am on my 7th week.

During the first 2-3 weeks I used Etude AC Clinic Daily Gel to moisturize.

Around the 3rd week I ran out of my moisturizer while on vacation and temporarily replaced it with Cetaphil cream.

The first 4 weeks my skin was showing great improvement. I even got compliments about y glowing skin. A few new breakouts would appear but would heal quickly.

Things went bad however when I came BACK from vacation. This is when I resumed using Etude moisturizer. I've gone back to school so now I wear makeup when I go out and cleanse it with cleansing oil at night before my usual regimen.

Just two weeks later several big breakouts appeared on my skin. My cystic acne came back. This is breaking my heart. Could this possibly be a purging stage? Or a bad reaction to products I'm using? I don't know what to do. I can't go out without makeup. Not with this face.

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 12/04/2014 9:01 am

I experienced purging in the beginning of my start on the regimen. After about 4 weeks my acne faded and started to get progressively better. I'd say you were experiencing some purging or even something stressful that could be causing more breakouts on your skin.