Notifications
Clear all

It's Been A Month...

MemberMember
(@olivia-song)

Posted : 12/03/2014 2:16 am

It's been a little over a month since I've started the Regimen, but I'm still breaking out. I'm even breaking out in places I've never really broke out in. I think it may be hormonal acne since I'm an 18 year old girl, but I'm so disheartened by these results... I'm going to continue the Regimen until Christmas, but if I still keep getting new, big pimples, I feel like I'm not compatible with BP and should stop. Thoughts, anyone?

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 12/03/2014 3:32 am

Persistence is key. Acne doesn't go away in a month, especially " hormonal acne ". Keep at it, give it at least 3 months of persistent treatment. Though, I would advice you to supplement your anti-acne routine by incorporating a healthy organic diet. Thus, you'll be fighting the genesis of acne internally and externally.

MemberMember
(@klm15)

Posted : 12/03/2014 11:52 am

Hey Olivia,

Yes it definitely does take some time. While some see great results in only a few weeks, many (I would actually say most) have to stick it out at least a couple months before they start to really see consistent clearing. Those first few months can be a bit of roller coaster ride¦ dealing with the dryness and irritation of adjusting to the BP, and then of course the initial breakouts. One day you may wake up seeing fantastic clearing, and then the next wake up with a bunch of new spots. It's disheartening for sure, but stick with it because this is all completely normal and something that everyone goes through at the start of the Regimen.

It's a slow process¦ I have to remind myself of that everyday too! :)

MemberMember
(@hound)

Posted : 12/03/2014 10:44 pm

Think of it like a gun wound, the purging process is like how the bullets must be removed before complete healing can take place. If you are breaking out a lot initially, that is how severe your acne was, remember that even if we dont see it on the surface, acne is a bacteria which lies under for a long time and becomes visible when it has the chance to live off on blocked pores and infections.

I actually started off the regimen with the two full pumps of BP even though Dan suggests starting little and once a day. That was a big mistake because my skin was overly dry and peeling for the first two weeks. I started all over again from week 3, going little by little and I broke out in cysts and tiny whiteheads, but I stuck with it, remained gentle on my skin, stopped picking, and it eventually all cleared up, if you are a picker like me, you'd be really surprised how quickly acne flattens and heals when its left untouched.

MemberMember
(@majorpackerfan)

Posted : 12/03/2014 11:26 pm

It's been a little over a month since I've started the Regimen, but I'm still breaking out. I'm even breaking out in places I've never really broke out in. I think it may be hormonal acne since I'm an 18 year old girl, but I'm so disheartened by these results... I'm going to continue the Regimen until Christmas, but if I still keep getting new, big pimples, I feel like I'm not compatible with BP and should stop. Thoughts, anyone?

I hate to say it but everyone is right. Hormonal Acne didn't take a month to appear and it certainly won't take a month to go away. Give the Regime 3 months, if you still see no changes, then it is not right for you. But I am 99% sure you will see improvement by month number 2 :)

MemberMember
(@epixep)

Posted : 12/04/2014 12:05 am

You're not alone! I've been using Dan's products for just over a month and still have new little guys popping up all over the place. I just incorporated the AHA and have seen great results in just under a week. Let's stick it out... my skin is definitely getting better.

MemberMember
(@olivia-song)

Posted : 12/04/2014 1:20 am

Thank you all for the great tips! Definitely got my spirits up! :) I was just going to continue until Christmas, but now I'm just going to continue until I finish the bottles!!

Epixep and Hound liked
MemberMember
(@klm15)

Posted : 12/04/2014 2:18 pm

Yay! :) That's what we're here for. I'm so glad you're going to stick it out. As someone who had great success using BP for 10+ years, I know what it can do to keep you clear and that after everything has adjusted, you'll be so glad you stuck with it. About 6 months ago I decided to quit BP and within a couple months I was broken out. I'm at the 3.5 week point of restarting it and experiencing all the initial dryness and irritation and breakouts all over again. It's no fun at all¦ but I know what's on the other side of getting past this part.

It's hard not to get discouraged when some cleared up in only a few weeks, but since so many have also taken up to a few months to start clearing, you just have to keep reminding yourself that everyone is different. The other option would be having to find a new routine, and starting from scratch all over again. Any and all treatments will take at least a month or two to really kick in, and you've already gotten this far¦ stick with it :)