Notifications
Clear all

Acanya Too Harsh For Sensitive Skin?

MemberMember
(@seekay22)

Posted : 11/28/2014 2:59 pm

I went to a dermatologist a few months ago with my acne concerns. I had been to a doctor a few years ago who prescribed Differin, which helped, but I was out of the country for a year and then moved so I needed a new doctor.

The new doctor gave me differin for night and Acanya in the morning for spot treatment. I think Differin helps, but I do still need something for spot treatments.

The problem is that my skin is sensitive and a bit painful - which I didn't have last time I took differin, so i assume it's the Acanya.

Is there a gentler morning spot treatment?

Also, the doctor didn't have recommendations for cleanser or moisturizer, but I remembered that in the past I was advised to use Cetaphil. Currently using Clinique Dramatically Different, which used to be good but now it stings! Should I try a different moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@hapamommy)

Posted : 12/22/2014 1:11 am

Switch to Cetaphil because it's a mild cleanser that doesn't dry out your skin. use moisturizer even at night. To reduce irritation you can mix your topicals with a littlr moisturizer. I have extremely sensitive skin and haven't experienced irritation with Acanya.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/22/2014 7:19 pm

I've used acanya and hated it. I am using Aczone and it is VERY gentle. My skin is eczema prone too. It doesn't help all the bumps I get but for others, it's helpful.