Notifications
Clear all

Indian Clay Mask With Apple Cider Vinegar (Smell)

MemberMember
(@ions)

Posted : 11/25/2014 4:44 am

Hello Members,

I use the Indian Clay Mask with Apple Cider Vinegar to tighten my skin and to make it look more healthy.

Recently I started dating and I like to use this mask in the morning before my date. My concern is that the Apple Cider Vinegar smell will linger into the evening and if I get close (kiss) to my date they will notice the vinegar smell.

I am male and I like to use this mask 3-4 times / week for 1 hour in the morning.

I asked my mother if she could smell vinegar on my skin after 4 hours post the mask application and she said only when she sniffs me very close.

I just tried to create the Mask with water and the consistency is very bad (lumpy), plus I won't get the benefits of the acid exfoliating my skin.

My question is how can I completly neutralize the smell of the vinegar once I remove the mask? I don't want to feel self conscious about the smell of my skin when I kiss my date. Is there a certain product (natural or off the shelf) that I can apply to my skin, after removing the mask, that will neutrilize the vinegar smell? Or perhaps I can add an additional ingredient along with the Apple Cider Vinegar that will neutralize the smell?

I did discover some interesting recipes here: [Removed]

I am interested in how others have resolved the smell problem with Apple Cider Vinegar when used with the Indian Clay Mask.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 11/26/2014 10:05 pm

I'm pretty sure your date won't smell anything after a couple hours has gone buy. I use it all the time on my face and hair and the smell is undetectable after an hour or so. You could use witchhazel as a toner to mask the smell or a put a mix a few drops of lemon in water or something but I really don't think you need to worry.

MemberMember
(@ions)

Posted : 11/27/2014 7:36 am

Thank you psychokitty,

What I decided to do is to wash my face with Neem and Turmeric Face Wash after removing the Mask.

I also won't use the mask on the day of the date.

My Mom did say she could smell vinegar a little bit after about 3-4 hours post removal of the mask but she did have to get really close to my face and take a wiff.

Your response did relieve some of my anxiety psychokitty. I love using the Indian Mask Clay with Apple Cider Vinegar and am more confident now that the smell won't be an issue especially after 10+ hours post application.

Thank you