Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndAction

Another Month Of Accutane?

Hey guys, first post here. About to finish my fourth month of accutane. First three months I did 40mg/day and last month I did 60mg/day.

In the last two months, I've only had 2 pimples (both two months ago) and so my derm told me that I am done. He said I could do one more month if I really wanted to and that he would leave it up to me.

The thing I am worried about is that my cumulative dosage so far is only 75mg/kg when recommended is 125-150. If I was to do one more month at 60mg then I would have a cumulative dosage of 100mg which is closer.

I really like having clear skin and although I really want to stop the tane, I also want to decrease my odds of remission. Has anyone had this happen? Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks!

If it was me I'd go for the extra month. Dont want to look back and think what if I would have just taken it.. But do what you think is best

I would go the extra month too. I had the option to end at 5 months but I decided to finish at 6 months. It has only been 3 weeks since I've been off of the meds but so far so good. Fingers crossed that my acne doesn't come back. :)