Notifications
Clear all

Acne Products For Stressed Skin

MemberMember
(@annakuban)

Posted : 11/19/2014 12:15 am

Hey there. I'm looking for a gentle cleanser AND moisturizer that won't make me break out, and will calm my stressed skin, reduce redness, and work as an anti inflammatory. I might try the Skyn Icelandic products but I've heard they don't work too well with acne prone skin.

I'll start with a little history. I'm a 20 yr old female struggling with adult hormonal acne. I used to take solodyn, an oral acne medication, along with birth control to control my acne. But I wanted to get off all medication because I was taking so many pills every day and I thought maybe going all natural was better for me. Well nothing too bad happened at first, but then I took a plan b pill, and that completely threw my hormones out of whack. I went from having maybe one pimple a week to having over ten at a time. They're mostly around my chin/side of my mouth/cheeks but I also have been getting some on my forehead.

I'm looking for a gentle cleanser that won't dry out my skin. Salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide dry and tighten my face and cause irritation. Lately my skin has been really red and irritated, swollen an painful pimples, and my face is so sensitive I can't even touch it without it hurting. I've been washing my face with honey because it's a natural antibacterial and it's supposed to cleanse the skin without stripping it of natural oils, to balance the production of sebum. But it hasn't helped with the acne at all. Also, any lotion I use makes my face more red or it burns. I'm looking for a gentle cleanser and face lotion that will call my stressed skin, reduce redness, and work as an anti inflammatory. Obviously something that won't clog my pores. Sorry for the long post. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@michellekawaii)

Posted : 11/20/2014 9:12 pm

Try cetaphil

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/22/2014 9:51 am

Try non-comedogenic oils, with either low oleic AND low linoleic, or mix it with a moderate oleic and high linoleic. You want more linoleic, because this acid component fights acne, while oleic might promote it (but also helps aging etc). Always low comedogenic in the beginning otherwise you might get frustrated. Argan is safe. Start slowly and build up with other oils such as rosehip seed, or pomegranate seed oil. I use a combination of rosehip and pomegranate and then just normal vaseline (it does not break you out, research it if you don't believe that) at night.

It is safer this way because you know exactly what you put on your skin.