Notifications
Clear all

The Final Straw

MemberMember
(@jamwagon)

Posted : 11/18/2014 4:05 am

Since the age of 12, I have suffered from severe acne. I am 20 now. Nobody in my area has acne like I do and it's embarrassing. I tried pretty much everything. Soaps, cleansers, antibiotics..they were all a waste of my time and money. Accutane is not an option because I can not afford it. I have no health insurance. I'm am going to start taking ibuprofen. What I'm here to ask is, is there an actual way to get rid of acne or is everything a lie?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/18/2014 6:25 am

The only real "cure" for acne is time...and unfortunately when acne resolves is different for everyone, sometimes linked to genetics and a host of other factors. Which is why some people's acne resolves by late teens...and then there's the rest of us still dealing with it and wondering when it will ever end. The good news is, there are some viable options out there to get clear. The Regimen cleared me in just a couple of months! Now my 13-yr-old is doing it and has cleared significantly in just 6 weeks. I highly recommend it if you've never tried it.

There's a ton of info and support on this site. Hang in there and don't give up! Clear skin is not impossible. Sometimes it can take awhile to find the right skin care plan that works for you. Hope you'll get yourself on the road to clear skin soon! :)

JamWagon liked
MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 11/18/2014 9:34 am

Have you tried the natural approach? It has a great success rate and it' a long term way to stay clear.

I took roaccutane, which helped. But it all came back when I stopped. Went down the natural route and have never looked back since.

JamWagon liked
MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 11/18/2014 11:15 am

I agree with the natural approach. I think the best way to start is with diet (which can be the hardest) Don't eat junk like sugar or bread. Only drink water and drink a gallon a day. Then there are natural things like apple cider vinegar and epsom salts. You could add supplements like vitamin a, d, and zinc. Aztec Indian Healing Clay is an amazing product. I use an alpha hydroxy moisturizer by Kiss my face called peaches and cream and it clears out your pores and renews your skin. Sadly there is no cure for acne. One thing that works really well for one person won't work at all for someone else.

JamWagon liked
MemberMember
(@hamdinger)

Posted : 11/18/2014 11:35 am

I agree with the natural approach. It made the biggest difference in my skin. It takes dedication and lots of patience, but the changes are good for your body overall. I got a lot of my ideas for natural/lifestyle changes from this website acneeinstein.org. This guy provides lots of scientific studies backing natural lifestyle changes. Good luck, you'll get through it.

MemberMember
(@marco21)

Posted : 11/18/2014 12:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a 20 year old college student and have suffered from severe acne all my life. I have been through 4 rounds of Acutane (yes 4) and by the time winter came around it always seemed to come back. After almost giving up hope I started reading about it a little bit and came across turmeric. It's an Indian spice that acts as an anti inflammatory. This stuff is saving my life. By this time last year I was breaking out consistently and now when I do break out its very small. I take 4 capsules before I go bed. The stuff works. If you have questions let me know

MemberMember
(@jamwagon)

Posted : 11/18/2014 5:36 pm

Thanks for the advise everyone! I tried dieting but it is very difficult. Im going to try it again though. Also, I did start taking ibuprofen. I take one orally and then I puncture one and use the gel as a spot treatment. The capsulse are 200mg. It burns like crazy but does anyone have any comment about this? Is this a good idea to reduce inflammation?

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/18/2014 9:42 pm

Natural manuka honey is helpful in treating acne. It contains highest level of antibacterial property that helps get rid of acne and prevents it from coming back. It is also high in naturally occurring triketone compounds effective for its antimicrobial activity. There are specially formulated manuka honey creams and moisturizers can be used for treating acne. Pure manuka honey with UMF+ label is also best substitute for sugar.