Notifications
Clear all

What Type Of Acne/scar Do I Have ?

MemberMember
(@jasongreeed)

Posted : 11/17/2014 6:28 pm

Hi guys, This is going to be my 1st post here on the forum and am very open to any solution/ ideas from fellow readers. I had a huge pimple/zit in my nose a few years ago and I made the mistake of popping it. As far as i can remember blood came out from the pimple/zit and thought the bump would go away eventually, but it has not. It's been around 2 years and it has shown no sign of healing what so ever. It almost feels like all the blood, acne and all sorts of impurities is piled up beneath the red bump. I have added a few pictures to show what it looks like. Sorry if it disturbs any readers but I am in need of desperate help. I went to my general doctor but he said he does not know the answer and asked me to visit a private dermatologists for solution's but I don't have much money to visit a private dermatologist. My confidence level is really going down now a days as this huge red bump is very noticeable in my face and i feel very ashamed. Any suggestion and ideas would be kindly welcome. Thanks

post-434324-0-04316600-1416266865.jpg

post-434324-0-99162800-1416266869.jpg

post-434324-0-29682200-1416266875.jpg

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/17/2014 10:08 pm

That's so funny... I have the same bump there. For years I've had it. It's never bothered me... It's gone down more and more but if it's really bothering you, goto the doctors and they can make a small incision to remove it

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 11/17/2014 10:40 pm

This is a keloid scar. You could try using silicone scar treatment sheets, which help flatten scars.. and then bio-oil to reduce the redness? If that was unsuccessful a derm could surgically correct it, and then use laser to lessen the redness.. Don't lose hope, you have plenty of options! (:

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 11/17/2014 11:35 pm

This is a keloid scar. Unfortunately, that will stay with you for the rest of your life. Keloid scars form from a proliferation of cell growth on the site of healing a damaged tissue ( skin ). You can get laser resurfacing to help flatten out the surface but can be quite expensive.

MemberMember
(@jasongreeed)

Posted : 11/18/2014 5:21 am

This is a keloid scar. You could try using silicone scar treatment sheets, which help flatten scars.. and then bio-oil to reduce the redness? If that was unsuccessful a derm could surgically correct it, and then use laser to lessen the redness.. Don't lose hope, you have plenty of options! (:

Hi, Thanks for the information. It definitely doesn't look like its healing and infact it has grown slightly bigger in the past few months. I will try using the sheets today and am really excited to see if it will work. Will update a few days and see how it goes. Thanks