Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer To Use With Tazorac (Retin-A)?

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 11/11/2014 6:36 pm

Hey everyone,

It's been a long time since I've posted anything, so I'll try to be more active in the community. ANYWAYS

Recently, I have been having problems with my skin. I've been having breakouts and my red marks haven't completely faded, so I decided to go to the dermatologist. My dermatologist has prescribed me Clindamycin Phosphate 1% Topical, Benzoyl Peroxide face wash 5%, Solodyn (80mg Minocycline), and two weeks from now I must start Tazorac (Retin-A), to which she gave me the option of going either 0.05% or 0.1%, and I have decided to pick 0.1% to get these red marks faded completely once and for all.

I know that Tazorac dries out your skin a lot, and I'm trying to prevent my skin from becoming even more damaged due to it. Does anyone know of a good moisturizer that doesn't make your skin oily, break you out and feels light on your skin? Basically, a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic. I have tried many moisturizers in the past, all to which make me breakout. I have used Cetaphil and yes that breaks me out as well. I tried a Skinceuticals brand, I went natural with Aloe Vera (my skin rejects it now since I used it for such a long period of time; it makes me break out now), etc.

And for those curious on my routine, it's as follows:

MORNING:

-Wash face with Benz. Peroxide wash, pat dry, apply Clindamycin Phosphate around my face.

-Take Solodyn (Minocycline) pill

NIGHT:

-Nothing (Until 1 week from now where I must begin to use Tazorac at this time)

Much is appreciated!

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 11/13/2014 8:52 am

Anyone? 84 views and no reply whatsoever?

MemberMember
(@nattru)

Posted : 11/13/2014 11:16 am

I use Eucerin Daily Protection or Cetaphil in at night