Notifications
Clear all

New Member! Allergic To Benzoyl Peroxide.

MemberMember
(@haimovfids)

Posted : 11/09/2014 3:38 pm

Hi guys. I just joined this forum.

I have been suffering from acne ever since I was 12-13 years old. I have tried EVERY cream out there. I went to different dermatologist many times and none could cure me.

I had used benzoyl peroxide before and it did help me until I started getting dry eyes. I went to a dermatologist (first time) and she said I should stop using it. I did stop but when I contin after 2 months i started getting SUPER itchy and red! My eyes were puffy and watery. It was a bad expirence.

My dermatologist prescribed me Taxorac and I have used it for 9 months and it did not help me. I stopped using it and bought X OUT. I know it has benzoyl peroxide in it but since it's a face wash I thought it would be okay.

I used it a couple of times and no reaction appered but now I'm having puffy eyes and it feels horrible.

I want a good regimen that won't give me puffy eyes and will clear my skin COMPLETLY. I'm not lazy. I ALWAYS do exactly what I am supposed to do.

My acne is really hurting me. Especially since I am always following my plans but they don't work. I'll try ANYTHING. I'm going to have a facial on Tuesday and a cemical peel on Friday so I need a regime that I can start

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/09/2014 10:45 pm

Hello Haimovfids, I never tried using benzoyl peroxide but it seems that it works good on you. Allergic reaction is very common to some people and I think you're one of them. I would recommend you to try using natural Manuka Honey, it's natural so for sure it is safe on skin. Look for the real and pure Manuka Honey that contains high pollen count, live enzymes and natural methylglyoxal components. I'm ready to answer if you have more questions about it.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/09/2014 11:13 pm

Hi! Welcome. I would suggest something like cetaphil derma oil control. (I think that's what it's called) that's if you are looking for a cleanser. Or just regular cetaphil face wash: it's gentle on the skin.

MemberMember
(@tfios22)

Posted : 11/10/2014 1:07 am

Hi guys. I just joined this forum.

I have been suffering from acne ever since I was 12-13 years old. I have tried EVERY cream out there. I went to different dermatologist many times and none could cure me.

I had used benzoyl peroxide before and it did help me until I started getting dry eyes. I went to a dermatologist (first time) and she said I should stop using it. I did stop but when I contin after 2 months i started getting SUPER itchy and red! My eyes were puffy and watery. It was a bad expirence.

My dermatologist prescribed me Taxorac and I have used it for 9 months and it did not help me. I stopped using it and bought X OUT. I know it has benzoyl peroxide in it but since it's a face wash I thought it would be okay.

I used it a couple of times and no reaction appered but now I'm having puffy eyes and it feels horrible.

I want a good regimen that won't give me puffy eyes and will clear my skin COMPLETLY. I'm not lazy. I ALWAYS do exactly what I am supposed to do. I NEVER miss days. I go crazy if I do. I must take showers at lest once a day. I take up to 4 showers on weekends or when I'm sad.

My acne is really hurting me. Especially since I am always following my plans but they don't work. I'll try ANYTHING. I'm going to have a facial on Tuesday and a cemical peel on Friday so I need a regime that I can start so I will be acne free ASAP. I can't handle crying anymore.

I would suggest using gentle products, such as the ones by Spectro. I am positive that their blemish-prone cleansers contain no medicinal ingredients such as BP or Salicylic Acid, which are irritating for some people.

For someone who is doing chemical peels, topicals should be used minimally. These peels are already so harsh on the skin, and sometimes they work best while using gentle skin care products. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@haimovfids)

Posted : 11/10/2014 7:05 am

MandyStrope, Thank you! How many times a day should I use it?

Mn121188, Thank you. I have Cetaphil face wash. I'll start using it.

Tfios22, thank you for your tips! I know that your not supposed to use anything before them and after for 2-3 days. I had a cemical peel and facials find before.

MN121188 liked
MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/10/2014 11:10 am

its caused by internal problems

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/10/2014 12:00 pm

Sorry to hear that your skin had an allergic reaction to BP especially if the acne was responding to it...BP is a known killer of acne bacteria. Have you considered internal factors like your diet? Many acne sufferers saw improvement after eliminating dairy products...the hormones in dairy can affect our hormonal levels. There's tons of info out there on improving acne symptoms with dietary changes.I agree with the above posters who recommended gentle products...sounds like you have very sensitive skin.I know it's frustrating being bounced from treatment to treatment...it can be a bit of trial and error to find the skin care plan that works for you...I'd focus more on getting things moving in the right direction and less on perfect skin...but please DON'T EVER GIVE UP OR LOSE HOPE! :)

MemberMember
(@haimovfids)

Posted : 11/10/2014 5:15 pm

What a coincidence, I LOVE dairy products. I drink like 4 cups of milk a day and like almost everything I eat is dairy. I can't live for a day without milk LOL. I'll try to have less of it. I don't buy milk with hormones in it. We buy 100% organic. Does it still make a difference?

Yeah, I was pretty sad because X OUT worked wonders for me. I'm still going to use it because it's AMAZING. I can't use it twice a day as directed but I can do it in mornings and get some reasults. I think Tazorac will do the rest of the job.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/11/2014 9:07 am

QUOTE: "What a coincidence, I LOVE dairy products. I drink like 4 cups of milk a day and like almost everything I eat is dairy. I can't live for a day without milk LOL. I'll try to have less of it. I don't buy milk with hormones in it. We buy 100% organic. Does it still make a difference?"

I also buy 100% organic milk to avoid the synthetic hormones but even organic milk contains naturally occurring hormones from the cows that produced the milk...if you're drinking 4 cups a day I'd say there's a good chance this is contributing. Organic dairy is very healthy but not acne-friendly for some people. Try eliminating the milk for a week and see if your skin improves. Once you know if dairy is contributing to acne or not, you can decide what you want to do from there. I no longer get inflamed acne but wish I had experimented with dairy elimination years ago...perhaps I wouldn't have had a 24-yr case of acne...

Good luck with whatever you decide! Hope you'll be on the road to clear skin soon! :)